The Student Room Group

Uni or apprenticeship

Is uni worth it. I have no clue whether to go uni, I like my course, politics, but it was really due to my school encouraging personal statements etc. I've also thought about degree apprenticeships but I don't know if it's worth it or beneficial in the future. I'd probably do marketing as a degree apprenticeships
Reply 1
So here are some facts for you to consider
1. If you choose to do a degree that has no benefit to future employment and your not rich, to some extent it will be a waste of money.
2. If you don't know what you want to do, why make big decisions now?
3. Some employers like Siemens prefer degree apprenticeship applicants because they come with experience.

My advice is take some time out. Get a job. Travel. Experience life. Then decide what you like and follow wherever that takes you. The convention thinking id to do a degree with no thought for what comes next and that simply does not work.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Degree Apprenticeships > University it's not even close

Even better if you land an apprenticeship at a top company like FAANG, Big 4, or even the Banks
Original post by dina54321
Is uni worth it. I have no clue whether to go uni, I like my course, politics, but it was really due to my school encouraging personal statements etc. I've also thought about degree apprenticeships but I don't know if it's worth it or beneficial in the future. I'd probably do marketing as a degree apprenticeships

Just to be clear: you're currently in university, studying for a politics degree, and don't currently have a degree-apprenticeship lined up?
Reply 4
Original post by Smack
Just to be clear: you're currently in university, studying for a politics degree, and don't currently have a degree-apprenticeship lined up?

Oh no I'm in year 13 right now so I've got a placement for uni but I'm still unsure whether to go
Original post by dina54321
Oh no I'm in year 13 right now so I've got a placement for uni but I'm still unsure whether to go

OK. If you're not sure whether you want to go to university, do you have to go now? You can go to university later if it is what you want to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending