The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

St Cuthbert's Society Offer Holders Thread!

Hi everyone,
From the looks of it no thread for us Cuths offer holders has been created yet, so I thought I'd make one myself! I thought we could introduce ourselves and also ask any questions we had about the College.

I'm an international student from Turkey, and I'll be studying Chemistry :smile: I had Cuth's as my third choice, but I'm still very happy to have been allocated here! I was also wondering if anyone knew the chances of being allocated to a room at the Bailey? I don't mind sharing rooms, so I'd hope that increases my chances.
Reply 1
Hii, I am a previous fresher from cuths. Welcome to cuths!!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Horizoon
Hi everyone,
From the looks of it no thread for us Cuths offer holders has been created yet, so I thought I'd make one myself! I thought we could introduce ourselves and also ask any questions we had about the College.

I'm an international student from Turkey, and I'll be studying Chemistry :smile: I had Cuth's as my third choice, but I'm still very happy to have been allocated here! I was also wondering if anyone knew the chances of being allocated to a room at the Bailey? I don't mind sharing rooms, so I'd hope that increases my chances.

Hi I’m also allocated to st Cuthberts, I get my cie English result tomorrow!
Original post by Millxxxxxxx
Hi I’m also allocated to st Cuthberts, I get my cie English result tomorrow!

Oooh good luck!!!
Is it better or worse knowing your results a week before 'UCAS doom day'?
Reply 4
Hey!! I'm starting St Cuths in September studying archaeology, any other people on the Parsons site??
Reply 5
Original post by catcutie
Hey!! I'm starting St Cuths in September studying archaeology, any other people on the Parsons site??

Hey, Congrats! Also woah, have they announced the room allocations? I haven't received an email yet haha
Reply 6
Hey, Congrats! Also woah, have they announced the room allocations? I haven't received an email yet haha
oh god yeah I just realised after I posted that haha, no allocation yet but I’m praying I get parsons as I really wanted self-Catered haha :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by catcutie
oh god yeah I just realised after I posted that haha, no allocation yet but I’m praying I get parsons as I really wanted self-Catered haha :smile:

Oh phew, thought I was reallocated for a second ahaha
I'm actually hoping for a room on the bailey, really hope the allocations work out for the both of us!
Hey! I'm on Parsons! I'm very happy that the room allocations went as I wanted! (strategic self-catering thinking ftw!). How are you feeling?

Hey guys I’m allocated to Cuths too! My room is in the Bailey and I was wondering if any of you know if we can leave our stuff in our rooms over holidays like Christmas and Easter? And my room is a single room so does that mean a single bed? As I don’t want to buy all the wrong bed sheets 😂
Original post by anonymous_20_
Hey guys I’m allocated to Cuths too! My room is in the Bailey and I was wondering if any of you know if we can leave our stuff in our rooms over holidays like Christmas and Easter? And my room is a single room so does that mean a single bed? As I don’t want to buy all the wrong bed sheets 😂

Hi there

Yes, a single room comes with a single bed. You can find a tour here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVAoo36XquY
According to the FAQs on the website, your license agreement will allow you to occupy your room over vacations so you don't have to move your stuff out :smile:

-Himieka
Original post by Durham Students
Hi there

Yes, a single room comes with a single bed. You can find a tour here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVAoo36XquY
According to the FAQs on the website, your license agreement will allow you to occupy your room over vacations so you don't have to move your stuff out :smile:

-Himieka

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest