The Student Room Group

Is he lying?

My boyfriend was supposed to come over tonight for the first time, but he said he can’t come over. I asked if he can’t come over at all, as in never, and he said he did not know because he is “busy and stuff.” What do I do about this?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend was supposed to come over tonight for the first time, but he said he can’t come over. I asked if he can’t come over at all, as in never, and he said he did not know because he is “busy and stuff.” What do I do about this?

this where i say dont take it serious until it happens on multiple occasions depending on your age he could be actually busy.
not cheating on you or braking up cause if he is that is a very cowardly way to do so.
i think the best way is to confront him about it after the second or third time as he could just be stressed.
i hope this helps you.
JF ZAK
Reply 2
Original post by JF ZAK
this where i say dont take it serious until it happens on multiple occasions depending on your age he could be actually busy.
not cheating on you or braking up cause if he is that is a very cowardly way to do so.
i think the best way is to confront him about it after the second or third time as he could just be stressed.
i hope this helps you.
JF ZAK

This isn’t exactly the first time. He’s cancelled on plans a few times in the past, he never really gives an explanation. It’s usually just that he’s “busy” that usually means he’s just playing video games but I like to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Reply 3
This isn’t exactly the first time. He’s cancelled on plans a few times in the past, he never really gives an explanation. It’s usually just that he’s “busy” that usually means he’s just playing video games but I like to give him the benefit of the doubt.

then just try to over look it now but it carries on i would strongly recommend you to confront him.
you might think what i will say is harsh but you should threaten to break u with him and see his reaction.
if this is ever the point i could help explain what is going on
good luck
JF ZAK
book lunch with him tomorrow if you can see what he does if you want a quick result (just a recommendation not a MUST)
Reply 4
Original post by JF ZAK
then just try to over look it now but it carries on i would strongly recommend you to confront him.
you might think what i will say is harsh but you should threaten to break u with him and see his reaction.
if this is ever the point i could help explain what is going on
good luck
JF ZAK
book lunch with him tomorrow if you can see what he does if you want a quick result (just a recommendation not a MUST)

Thank you, I will definitely try
Reply 5
Thank you, I will definitely try

your welcome
i wish you good luck with icing on top and probably sprinkles LOL :smile:
JF ZAK

Just break up with him
Reply 7
Original post by Alicia stars
Just break up with him

thats extreme cause he could actually be busy
JF ZAK
Original post by JF ZAK
thats extreme cause he could actually be busy
JF ZAK

He is messing her around, it can't be possibly more obvious
Reply 9

"busy and stuff" c'mon you have got to confront him. stop giving him benefit of the doubt because at the end of the day he is your partner so should be able to carve out time to see you, obviously he wont be able to see you all the time because he geniunley may be busy soemtiems but ive seen you say he has done this before so maybe ask what actually it is he is doing.
update us pls if u do, this seems interesting.

Knowing this id say that hes absolutely lying. I mean he never gives an explanation and he basically takes for granted that you will forgive him everytime this happens. Agree with alice, just break up.
Lmao is this serious? How long are you with him? If you are longer than 2-3 months and you are still accepting such behaviours let me tell you that you are just stupid. A boyfriend that is genuinely in love and wants a serious relationship would never be so frequently “busy” and even less if he was coming over for the first time. On my experience, boys tended to in one way or another always find time for me. If it couldn’t be this week, then they made sure to make time the week after and never told me “busy and stuff” without further explaining or “apologizing”. I’m sorry for you but I think that’s not your place girl.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending