The Student Room Group

NEA game ideas

So, for my non-examined assessment, I wanna make something like an interactive game-like tutorial program for something that isn’t an interactive game-like tutorial.
Does anyone know anything that requires a tutorial but isn’t really interactive and wished it would be so I can make a game-like alternative?
I'd appreciate it.

P.S. I'd also appreciate it if you don't mind being my user (someone this program is for) if I pick your suggestion. If so, there's quite a few things I'd have to run through before it's confirmed
P.P.S. I’m not good at explaining stuff aha so if I don’t make sense lmk I’ll try explain differently
Reply 1
Quite a few things, though I'm not sure they'd work very well:
- Programming languages (specifically Rust, Clojure, Carp, and C)
- Emacs keybindings
- Armiture rigging and animation
- Procedural animation
- PCB design / electrical circuit design
- Logic circuit design / HDLs

ところで、日本人ですか?
Original post by Teruko
Quite a few things, though I'm not sure they'd work very well:
- Programming languages (specifically Rust, Clojure, Carp, and C)
- Emacs keybindings
- Armiture rigging and animation
- Procedural animation
- PCB design / electrical circuit design
- Logic circuit design / HDLs

Thank you for the suggestions! I'd probably try logic circuit designs.
また、いえ。私は日本人でわありません。日本語おがっこうでべんきょうします。日本語がだいすきです!
Also, I'm obsessed with names that are/can be written in Japanese aha.
Also also, if my Japanese up there isn't right/doesn't make sense, げめんなさい hehe.. 😅
Reply 3
Original post by Nyanomii•にゃのみい
Thank you for the suggestions! I'd probably try logic circuit designs.

Yw! I think logic circuits would be a good one too; lots of complexity if it can simulate the circuits - and writing a lexer/parser for the HDL could also be worth a lot of marks if the language is complex enough. I had to write a parser for my NEA and it ended up using a lot of tree traversal and recursion haha. The circuit itself could also be modelled as a giant graph too, so extra points there

Something like implementing an optimisation algorithm (Harvard chart method perhaps?) to the user's circuit could also be useful, ie there would be some function to apply the various Boolean algebra laws like De Morgan's or Idempotence (although tbh just being able to automatically produce a truth table from a circuit would probably be more than enough to get you full marks on the technical section...)

Original post by Nyanomii•にゃのみい
また、いえ。私は日本人でわありません。日本語おがっこうでべんきょうします。日本語がだいすきです!
Also, I'm obsessed with names that are/can be written in Japanese aha.
Also also, if my Japanese up there isn't right/doesn't make sense, げめんなさい hehe.. 😅

そうか、私も!ま、私の日本語は…え…ハハ
それでもね、「げめんなさい」とは何ですか lol
Anyways, makes perfect sense to me and I can barely read the language haha... Really need to start practicing after A levels (actually I should probably be revising right now lol)
Original post by Teruko
それでもね、「げめんなさい」とは何ですか lol

Bwa, just realised. I made a typo. Meant to type instead of ehe.
Anyway, just in case, ごめん(なさい) means sorry.

I'd thumbs-up your previous post if we were allowed to rate each user more than once.
But thx again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending