The Student Room Group

was i in the wrong?

in yr7 i had the first ramadan in secondary school, and a lesson of physical education and i was worried because we weren't informed abt what to do when fasting
so i hid when it was lesson time, but half way through i got caught then called a silly girl and got yelled at school (i had isolation & detention - even had to stand by the physical education office whilst being yelled at)
also i had to sit in a corner whilst a staff member, was telling my teacher abt me infront of the class
then in one of my lessons i got called out & told its because im fasting that i have a place to go so i dont see ppl eating, but it was rlly because i got into trouble
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by oursgrace
in yr7 i had the first ramadan in secondary school, and a lesson of physical education and i was worried because we weren't informed abt what to do when fasting
so i hid when it was lesson time, but half way through i got caught then called a silly girl and got yelled at school (i had isolation & detention - even had to stand by the physical education office whilst being yelled at)
also i had to sit in a corner whilst a staff member, was telling my teacher abt me
then in one of my lessons i got called out & told its because im fasting that i have a place to go so i dont see ppl eating, but it was rlly because i got into trouble
- i do regret it now

what do you mean you got 'caught'? i think you should speak to your school like a headteacher about this because they should have policies in place for fasting students
Reply 2
Original post by arch17
what do you mean you got 'caught'? i think you should speak to your school like a headteacher about this because they should have policies in place for fasting students

there were a few staff members looking for me, and one of them found me at where i was and then called me a silly girl
i got told that even if im fasting, i still have to come to physical education to do things such as help out with the equipment and even if i don't feel like i can do physical education that i would get into trouble if i dont go
(edited 10 months ago)
there were a few staff members looking for me, and one of them found me at where i was and then called me a silly girl
i got told that even if im fasting, i still have to come to physical education to do things such as help out with the equipment and even if i don't feel like i can do physical education that i would get into trouble if i dont go

i see where they're coming from as it could look like you were skipping lesson but also for health and safety they wouldn't know where you were if something happened. calling you a silly girl wasn't right but they're responsible for you during school hours. at least they said you could help with equipment, at mine during summer a few years ago when it was ramadan we had summer sports so stuff with a lot of long distance running, and my school made everyone do it so 'no one felt left out'
Reply 4
Why is this still bothering you after 4 years?
How long ago was this?
Reply 6
Original post by Surnia
Why is this still bothering you after 4 years?

i regret it & every time i see the staff members that yelled at me it reminds me of this

Original post by PinkMobilePhone
How long ago was this?

im currently in yr11

im currently in yr11

you really need to let it go
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
you really need to let it go

I have a feeling they want to let it out first in order to let it go.
Reply 9
Original post by iL1L
I have a feeling they want to let it out first in order to let it go.

thats true
JF ZAK

Quick Reply

Latest