The Student Room Group

Geography paper 2 16 marker

Do you still get marks for using the wrong case study in a 16 marker. It asked about players involved in structural economic change changing a place and I was meant to write about Glasgow but wrote about Vietnam instead.
Original post by charlotte372469
Do you still get marks for using the wrong case study in a 16 marker. It asked about players involved in structural economic change changing a place and I was meant to write about Glasgow but wrote about Vietnam instead.

Did the question specifically state to write about glasgow?
Original post by JA03
Did the question specifically state to write about glasgow?

No, it just asked for 1 case study, but everyone else i knew wrote about Glasgow
No, it just asked for 1 case study, but everyone else i knew wrote about Glasgow

If it didn’t specifically state Glasgow. Then you didn’t do anything wrong. I know someone in my class wrote about a different ‘local place’ to the rest of us but she isn’t wrong.
As long as the case study detail is still relevant then you’re fine.
Original post by JA03
If it didn’t specifically state Glasgow. Then you didn’t do anything wrong. I know someone in my class wrote about a different ‘local place’ to the rest of us but she isn’t wrong.
As long as the case study detail is still relevant then you’re fine.

Thank you, my concern is it isn’t ‘local’ it’s an entire country but Glasgow is a city in England, is that still okay?
Thank you, my concern is it isn’t ‘local’ it’s an entire country but Glasgow is a city in England, is that still okay?

It might be. If it specifically said local then you may lose some AO1 points for the ‘wrong’ case study but as long as you applied it correctly and your points are clear and well-explained, you may still get into the top band.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending