The Student Room Group

When should i start writing my personal statement (early applicant)?

I was wondering when I should start writing my personal statent. I am going to be an early applicant and was wondering when is a good time.
Thank you so much!
Original post by MayaVellichor
I was wondering when I should start writing my personal statent. I am going to be an early applicant and was wondering when is a good time.
Thank you so much!

right now, start as soon as you have an idea. the more time you have to write it, rewrite it and refine it the better. get as many people as possible to read it - not friends but people like teachers or current/past students or academics you know etc
Reply 2
Original post by arch17
right now, start as soon as you have an idea. the more time you have to write it, rewrite it and refine it the better. get as many people as possible to read it - not friends but people like teachers or current/past students or academics you know etc

Thank you! I just wrote a rough draft and it isnt very good but i guess the only way is up :smile:
Original post by MayaVellichor
Thank you! I just wrote a rough draft and it isnt very good but i guess the only way is up :smile:

ur first draft will suck ass and it probably will for the next 2,3,4 tries as you find out what you want to keep and remove and reshuffle etc it's a lotta work especially for early applicants so get some drafts done and sent to your teachers before the summer so you can spend that time working on it and getting help from others. i applied for architecture early last year so feel free to send me yours if you wish!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending