The Student Room Group

Civil Service Data science graduate programme 2023

Hey, has anyone done their interview yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by mimibelle
Hey, has anyone done their interview yet?

Is this the ONS grad programme?
Reply 2
Original post by afcc88
Is this the ONS grad programme?

Yeah it is
Reply 3
Yeah it is

I did my interview last week. Have you got an interview?
Reply 4
Original post by afcc88
I did my interview last week. Have you got an interview?

Yeah how did yours go? What did they ask you?
Reply 5
Yeah how did yours go? What did they ask you?

They were really nice, no trick questions
If you prepare the behaviours they ask for from the interview information you should be fine!
Reply 6
hi. please can i ask you when did u apply for the grauduate program. I am a maths graduate and want to apply for next year . please can u guide me when the applications open and all the tests and how long after application do u actually start the job please
Reply 7
Original post by afcc88
They were really nice, no trick questions
If you prepare the behaviours they ask for from the interview information you should be fine!

How was the technical part of the interview? I'm quite anxious, as I don't have an economics background and I'm unsure what exactly they're looking for
Reply 8
Original post by Maria1711
hi. please can i ask you when did u apply for the grauduate program. I am a maths graduate and want to apply for next year . please can u guide me when the applications open and all the tests and how long after application do u actually start the job please

I can't remember when it opened exactly, but applications closed on 9th May. You first have to complete a maths test, and once you're successful you complete a CV and personal statement. I'm not too sure about start dates, I think it probably varies depending on which government organisation you're allocated to
Reply 9
Has anyone heard back from their interview yet? :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by WhelpHelp
How was the technical part of the interview? I'm quite anxious, as I don't have an economics background and I'm unsure what exactly they're looking for

I don't remember exactly what they asked but they didn't ask me that many questions after my presentation.
The instructions were quite broad so idk if what I did was what they expected either but I used python to analyse the data. Since you come up with your own research question I don't think they're expecting anything specific and there's a lot of different ways you can analyse the data. You can search up how to structure a research presentation, that might help you. I think I'll only know how I did when I get the results lol
Reply 11
Original post by ejjwhrhoas
Has anyone heard back from their interview yet? :smile:

I was told we hear back by the 30th!
Reply 12
has anyone started hearing back yet?
Original post by Active_Win
has anyone started hearing back yet?

Nope, was told we'd hear back from the 30th after they finish all interviews otherwise its unfair
Reply 14
I was put on a reserve list, has anyone else heard back?
Reply 15
Original post by ernak

me too! not sure what it means/how optimistic to be. what scores did you get?
Reply 16
Original post by Active_Win
me too! not sure what it means/how optimistic to be. what scores did you get?

I got 22 overall so not sure what my chances are:frown:
What did you get?
Reply 17
Original post by afcc88
I got 22 overall so not sure what my chances are:frown:
What did you get?

i got 23 overall so we must be in a similar spot! i heard it is possible to email them to ask what your position in the list is
Original post by ernak

Yes, got put into reserve with a score of 21 :frown: Which locations did you apply for? Also did you get asked to send your preferred location/hours? What do we put for hours? Like full time or
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 19
Hi yeah I just got put on the reserve list too with score 22. Did you guys still send your location and hours preference that was asked to send in the first email?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending