The Student Room Group

History Paper 2 America: A nation divided 2023

Thoughts on Question No3 regarding Lincoln's indecisiveness?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
I didn’t do that one… thought the time frame was weird (1863-1865?). I suppose you could’ve done stuff on the Eman. proc (jan 63), political appointments??? I literally just saw it and thought nope. So I did 2 and 4 instead
Reply 2
Original post by Milsflan
Thoughts on Question No3 regarding Lincoln's indecisiveness?

I didn’t do that one… thought the time frame was weird (1863-1865?). I suppose you could’ve done stuff on the Eman. proc (jan 63), political appointments??? I literally just saw it and thought nope. So I did 2 and 4 instead
Reply 3
Original post by lennonrocks

Yeah, I’m thinking that for sure it must be a typo error and should be from 61, because there is not enough to write about from 63 to 65, I went through the entirety of my notes and everything negative about Lincoln’s leadership was in the first two years of the war
Reply 4
how did everyone find the other two questions?
Reply 5
Original post by JBor
how did everyone find the other two questions?

I thought they were okay, but I personally believe they've been the hardest questions in the past number of years. How'd you find them?
Reply 6
I thought they were okay, but I personally believe they've been the hardest questions in the past number of years. How'd you find them?

yhh i think the exam was tough espc the southern separatist one. what did u end up writing for it?
and how did u find the sources?
Reply 7
Original post by JBor
yhh i think the exam was tough espc the southern separatist one. what did u end up writing for it?
and how did u find the sources?

I was running out of time so I only did two big paragraphs including white resistance groups stopping Republican voters, and my second was actions of the republican party such as amnesty act, and military reconstruction did not go far enough. I spoke about how they dealt with the KKK but other groups stuck around.

For the sources I thought they were alright, although the second source I found a bit weird and I was unsure of what to write.
Reply 8
I was running out of time so I only did two big paragraphs including white resistance groups stopping Republican voters, and my second was actions of the republican party such as amnesty act, and military reconstruction did not go far enough. I spoke about how they dealt with the KKK but other groups stuck around.

For the sources I thought they were alright, although the second source I found a bit weird and I was unsure of what to write.

yh i wrote around the same stuff i did like the kkk stopping voting and yh i also did like amnesty acts and stuff making it easier for them. i added abit about the falling popularity of the repub party but yhh ok phew that seems all good then.
what was the second source on, was it the sumner one?
and how did u find the westward expansion one?
Reply 9
Original post by JBor
yh i wrote around the same stuff i did like the kkk stopping voting and yh i also did like amnesty acts and stuff making it easier for them. i added abit about the falling popularity of the repub party but yhh ok phew that seems all good then.
what was the second source on, was it the sumner one?
and how did u find the westward expansion one?

It was the sumner source, I wrote about how the south will become violent to expand slavery and gave example of border ruffians from Missouri sacking the free soil town of Lawrence.

Can I ask what you mean by the western expansion one?
Reply 10
It was the sumner source, I wrote about how the south will become violent to expand slavery and gave example of border ruffians from Missouri sacking the free soil town of Lawrence.

Can I ask what you mean by the western expansion one?

oh i meant the states rights one sorry and yh i think i wrote the the same type of things for the source
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 11
Original post by JBor
oh i meant the states rights one sorry and yh i think i wrote the the same type of things for the source

For states rights I wrote about nullification crisis, Calhoun doctrine, something else. Then for my other two factors I wrote western expansion and economy
Reply 12
For states rights I wrote about nullification crisis, Calhoun doctrine, something else. Then for my other two factors I wrote western expansion and economy

OMG YESSS I MADE THE EXACT SAME POINTS AHHH!!! I was sooo stumped by the time frame as it had a letter and 1845 so I panicked. I think I could have written a lot on social and political characteristics as well looking back on it but the question was so strange 😫
Reply 13
Original post by katie080705
OMG YESSS I MADE THE EXACT SAME POINTS AHHH!!! I was sooo stumped by the time frame as it had a letter and 1845 so I panicked. I think I could have written a lot on social and political characteristics as well looking back on it but the question was so strange 😫

Haha, the c means circa so about 1845 it means. But idk how to state rights around 45 when it mostly happens before. Glad to know someone made the same points!
Reply 14
Haha, the c means circa so about 1845 it means. But idk how to state rights around 45 when it mostly happens before. Glad to know someone made the same points!

I’m so glad, I was so scared it meant before ahah. It’s shocking I didn’t know that and still sat a history A level omg. You’re the only person I’ve spoken to who has made those points so I genuinely thought I had messed that whole paper up. I spent far too long on the Kansas question too so I didn’t even manage to get onto speaking about harpers ferry 😂
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending