The Student Room Group

Urgent help needed - year 9 bullying and coping with loss

i am looking forwards to moving into year 9 but i am scared because i have missed a few weeks at school due to a relative passing away (2yo brother). I am scared because I get stressed easily. Covid has been tough on me as with anyone else and I feel weird to go into school and studying like normal again.

If anyone has any advice that could help me get over this loss please can you message. All help is appreciated. Thanks.
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by sarahlovessummer
i am looking forwards to moving into year 9 but i am scared because i have missed a few weeks at school due to a relative passing away (2yo brother). I am scared because I get stressed easily. Covid has been tough on me as with anyone else and I feel weird to go into school and studying like normal again.

If anyone has any advice that could help me get over this loss please can you message. All help is appreciated. Thanks.

i am so sorry for your loss i cant imagine how you must be feeling. grief is a non-linear process and its so different for everyone so there isn't any advice i can give you. i think you should speak to your parents or teachers about a therapist so you have a professional to help you through any and everything you might be facing. some schools have educational psychologists that they can refer you to and as this is affecting your feelings towards school, i would suggest looking into that once you're ready and comfortable to talk about it. all the best to you and your family xxx
Original post by sarahlovessummer

Hi @sarahlovessummer
I'm so so sorry for your loss and I'm sorry that you have to go through a situation like this, just like @arch17 mentioned, going through grief and loss is very difficult to cope with and it's best to seek professional advice from someone who would know how to help you in your best interests.
Focus on looking after yourself both mentally and physically and enjoying your summer, know that everything will be alright and that all your family, friends and obviously everyone here on this platform are here for you.
It's completely ok to feel scared or stressed as starting school again may feel quite different, but you will be absolutely fine and you will get plenty of support.
I hope you feel better and know that, whatever happens, everything will work out :smile:
Original post by *LifeHappens*
Hi @sarahlovessummer
I'm so so sorry for your loss and I'm sorry that you have to go through a situation like this, just like @arch17 mentioned, going through grief and loss is very difficult to cope with and it's best to seek professional advice from someone who would know how to help you in your best interests.
Focus on looking after yourself both mentally and physically and enjoying your summer, know that everything will be alright and that all your family, friends and obviously everyone here on this platform are here for you.
It's completely ok to feel scared or stressed as starting school again may feel quite different, but you will be absolutely fine and you will get plenty of support.
I hope you feel better and know that, whatever happens, everything will work out :smile:

Thank you. I will try to distract myself from stress and try to cope better. Thanks
(Original post by arch17)i am so sorry for your loss i cant imagine how you must be feeling. grief is a non-linear process and its so different for everyone so there isn't any advice i can give you. i think you should speak to your parents or teachers about a therapist so you have a professional to help you through any and everything you might be facing. some schools have educational psychologists that they can refer you to and as this is affecting your feelings towards school, i would suggest looking into that once you're ready and comfortable to talk about it. all the best to you and your family xxx

Thank you, I really appreciate your kind words and at this point in life, they mean the most to me. I will try to distract myself from stress and speak to my friend as she is very kind, when I see her in the coming week.

Quick Reply

Latest