The Student Room Group

how to revise for gcse geography paper 3?

Is there anything useful I can do other than reading through the case study booklet and my data collection fieldwork stuff?
Original post by gardengnome_
Is there anything useful I can do other than reading through the case study booklet and my data collection fieldwork stuff?

You should revise in a way that uses active recall (flashcards, blurting, teaching others for example) as you have to think about the content which helps you remember it better. You can read something all you want and say you know the content but you aren't testing yourself in any way that would help memory. Also practise exam questions are useful so you can practise exam technique.
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
You should revise in a way that uses active recall (flashcards, blurting, teaching others for example) as you have to think about the content which helps you remember it better. You can read something all you want and say you know the content but you aren't testing yourself in any way that would help memory. Also practise exam questions are useful so you can practise exam technique.

of course, but for this specific exam they change the content completely every year (for example, last year it was waste incineration, this year it's tourism in the Caribbean). The reason I asked is that you cannot really do past papers as the content on them will not be examined!
of course, but for this specific exam they change the content completely every year (for example, last year it was waste incineration, this year it's tourism in the Caribbean). The reason I asked is that you cannot really do past papers as the content on them will not be examined!

For fieldwork though you can do questions on it

I recommend getting some extra info, you can look up on documentaries about tourism in the Caribbean and look at articles and videos based on this, so you can expand your learning.

there’s some predicted papers online i think, i got made to sit one as a sort of mock for paper 3, so see what you can find :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest