The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Language - How many paragraphs should you aim for in each question?

Sitting paper 2 tomorrow, how many paragraphs should you aim to write for Q2, 3 and 4? I am aiming for at least level 3 on the mark scheme in all questions (aiming for at least grade 6). I was thinking two for Q2, three for Q3 and three plus a short intro for Q4? Thank you
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Hi,

For question 2 I would aim for 3 shorter paragraphs or 2 longer paragraphs. This question is probably the most difficult because of it's complex simplicity. If you only get 2 done in the time available then don't stress! Just try to push for as much as you can with that one.

For question 3, I would recommend three. That gives you enough scope to reach 12/12.

Finally, for question 3 I would recommend a very short intro and conclusion, and around 3 paragraphs again. Remember for this question that the paragraphs should naturally be longer anyway, hence why the same amount of paragraphs should be used as in the 12 marker.

You seem pretty prepared! If you need any work marking feel free to let me know!

If not, good luck for tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending