The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Leaving the UK without telling OU?

I'm currently in the UK on a student visa and in my see one year.
I am from Spain and am really struggling living here. According to the OU website I would need to disclose if I move back, so fees can be adjusted. the thing is, that I cannot afford the fees that OU charges when I don't live in the UK anymore.
So I have 2 options. Stick it out for one more year or keep my uk address and not tell them, but I'm very nervous about that, as I know it's not right...
Just needing someone here to either tell me to cop on, it's fraud or tell me it'll be fine 😅
is OU sponsoring your visa? If not then who is sponsoring your student visa?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
is OU sponsoring your visa? If not then who is sponsoring your student visa?

I paid it all myself. All I had to give the government was the CAS number.
Original post by Anonymous
I paid it all myself. All I had to give the government was the CAS number.

And who issued your CAS number?
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
And who issued your CAS number?

That would be OU. Not sure if they would then automatically be the sponsor?
Original post by Anonymous
That would be OU. Not sure if they would then automatically be the sponsor?

In UKVI terms they're sponsoring your visa (sponsoring means they're vouching for your student status not that they are offering financial sponsorship) and responsible for monitoring your attendance and compliance with your visa.
If you leave the UK without telling OU then if OU find out they're obliged to report you to UKVI for non-compliance with your visa and your visa is likely to be revoked (and possibly any future visas would be blocked).

Talk to the visa team at OU and their student support team and explain the issues you're having. Please don't just leave the country without telling OU - the consequences of that are potentially very severe and the chances of it being picked up are very high.

Quick Reply

Latest