The Student Room Group

Year 12 mocks

Hi, Im a year 12 student and mocks in June from the 21st. I'm hoping to achieve at least 2A's and an A* so i can apply to king's college London to study law!
I have had 2 recent mocks where i achieved all A and A*'s in history, English literature and Biology so I think I'm on the right track. I had a B in crime literature which i got to an A in the second mock by the way.
If possible, could anyone give me advice on when to start studying, how to study for each subject best for good grades and ways to stay motivated as I'm finding it difficult lately.
And any other guidance would be helpful like someone's study routine

Thank you in advance for your help!
Original post by Student12vnf
Hi, Im a year 12 student and mocks in June from the 21st. I'm hoping to achieve at least 2A's and an A* so i can apply to king's college London to study law!
I have had 2 recent mocks where i achieved all A and A*'s in history, English literature and Biology so I think I'm on the right track. I had a B in crime literature which i got to an A in the second mock by the way.
If possible, could anyone give me advice on when to start studying, how to study for each subject best for good grades and ways to stay motivated as I'm finding it difficult lately.

Hi! I’m a kings law applicant who is predicted 3 A*s & also takes English. In terms of English revision, essay plans are my holy grail!!! do as many past paper essays plans as possible and when you’ve run out of those make ur own based on the key themes; I promise it will help. I was on a low A from the start of y12 to the middle of it and i def owe my jump to an A* (a confident one at that, I rarely get below 23/25 on essays now) to essay plans. Best of luck!
Original post by user111788
Original post by Student12vnf

Hi! I’m a kings law applicant who is predicted 3 A*s & also takes English. In terms of English revision, essay plans are my holy grail!!! do as many past paper essays plans as possible and when you’ve run out of those make ur own based on the key themes; I promise it will help. I was on a low A from the start of y12 to the middle of it and i def owe my jump to an A* (a confident one at that, I rarely get below 23/25 on essays now) to essay plans. Best of luck!

also in terms of the amount of revision to do I wouldn’t really stress it TOO much in year 12. I don’t recommend doing like crazy amounts but be consistent with whatever you do. I averaged at abt 2h a day in year 12? the main thing is getting all ur revision materials made

Quick Reply

Latest