The Student Room Group

i missed a gcse exam because of my own mistake, what happens?

I arrived at the end of my physics exam because i thought my exam was in the afternoon, i got to school and i spoke to no one besides my friends when all i said was i thought there was a diffent exam now, i got there as soon as their exam ended and i was allowed entry into the exam and i sat it. I wrote a statement after explaining how i misread the exam timetable and thought everyone had a different exam, and how i spoke to no one about the exam and didnt even take my phone to school. Is it likely that i will be accepted or failed for that exam, im a usually consistent student with good mock grades for physics if that helps
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
idk i think you can put it in the mitigating circumstances that you missed the exam
you can always retake next year
depending on how many GCSEs you took, it might not even matter, you can explain to your sixth form that you missed it and they might be nice and let you in.
It doesn't matter that much unless you took only like 7 GCSEs or you are planning on doing Physcis A level (Which I don't recommend to anyone lol)
Reply 2
Original post by 300percent
idk i think you can put it in the mitigating circumstances that you missed the exam
you can always retake next year
depending on how many GCSEs you took, it might not even matter, you can explain to your sixth form that you missed it and they might be nice and let you in.
It doesn't matter that much unless you took only like 7 GCSEs or you are planning on doing Physcis A level (Which I don't recommend to anyone lol)

Yeah im gonna try that, and thankfully not doing physics a level so im mostly good, also i do the triple thing so it wont affect my other science grades which is good. My sixth form is actually at the school that i currently go to, and they accepted everything that ive said about the exam and are trying to get me accepted, so thats great and im pretty sure i did pretty decent in my paper 1 and my other sciences so it might not go too bad.
Thanks for replying so quick

Quick Reply

Latest