The Student Room Group

do i need A level maths for computer science degree

im currently taking computer science, biology and chemistry for my A levels. and im planning study computer science, do i need an A level in math or not im not too worried about having a great university . and if i need an A level in math could i just take a foundation course in math instead.
Original post by omar ben hussein
im currently taking computer science, biology and chemistry for my A levels. and im planning study computer science, do i need an A level in math or not im not too worried about having a great university . and if i need an A level in math could i just take a foundation course in math instead.

Many universities require Maths for their Computer Science degrees - particularly the "better" unis. However, not all do. It's easy to find out what each university's requirements are by checking their web site.
Reply 2
Original post by omar ben hussein

im in y11 right now, but im also looking to do computer science at uni, so im taking maths, further maths, physics and biology. i personally want to get into a top uni, which is why im taking 4 a levels, but i think maybe computer science as an a level for you could possibly be enough to study it at uni.
most unis do actually require maths (and preferably physics) to study computer science, since its quite a competitive field and computer science consists of lots of logical thinking, which is why maths is helpful
but do what you think is best for you and according to whatever uni youre looking to apply to goodluck!!
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending