The Student Room Group

Should I learn triple chemistry content over the summer?

I've done combined science and I'm confident on getting a 9-9 or 9-8 and I'm looking to do a level chemistry, however I haven't learnt the triple science content for chemistry so would that help at A level if I were to learn it over the summer?
Original post by Zidane77
I've done combined science and I'm confident on getting a 9-9 or 9-8 and I'm looking to do a level chemistry, however I haven't learnt the triple science content for chemistry so would that help at A level if I were to learn it over the summer?

let me tell you something mate, my secondary school was a shambles and ill be honest with you I didn't have any knowledge at all for all of science due to the way we were taught, still I dont know a thing I learnt at GCSE so basically I went into sixth form to do biology, chem and maths with no knowledge in the science subjects but still I was predicted an A* for chemistry and an A for biology and am currently doing my a levels, so no you dont need any prior knowledge at all. let anyone say what they want but this is from my experience and I have proved it through what I have achieved in the subject
I did triple chem and I don't think so. I haven't done a-level chem I'm only y11 but from what I've heard it's very different to GCSE and GCSE is so simplified. Someone I know who does a-level told me that what they do is tell u everything u learnt at GCSE was wrong because it is so simplified and it completely changes. If anything u'd be better off just starting to look at the a-level course straight away if u wanted to do anything over the summer
Reply 3
Original post by Zidane77

You can if you want to but you just get taught everything again that you need to know

Quick Reply

Latest