The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

How is 2nd year induction week like at University of Leeds?

I might not be able to make it so I was just wondering what it’s like and whether I’ll be missing out on anything? If anyone can give me a rundown preferably of all the days Monday through Friday that would be excellent. If it makes any difference, I’m doing Computer Science.
Reply 1
Original post by RandomSelect
I might not be able to make it so I was just wondering what it’s like and whether I’ll be missing out on anything? If anyone can give me a rundown preferably of all the days Monday through Friday that would be excellent. If it makes any difference, I’m doing Computer Science.

Is there a second-year induction week?

My experience as a student (though not at Leeds, and it was some years ago) was that the second and third years didn't have any kind of induction -- lectures just started on the first day of term.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by martin7
Is there a second-year induction week?

My experience as a student (though not at Leeds, and it was some years ago) was that the second and third years didn't have any kind of induction -- lectures just started on the first day of term.

Yeah I asked them in an email and they said that yes, there is in fact an induction week.
Reply 3
Anyone?
Reply 4
Original post by RandomSelect

Hey I just finished second year (part of the leeds uni business school)! For me induction wasn't that important, mainly was an intro to all of the key contacts. They also outlined the different plans for final year i.e., placement, study abroad, straight to final year. For mine in particular they told us the core modules we will be studying. You can also see who else is in your course, as the inductions are usually in person. From what I remember mine was only for one day? But this could vary within your faculty!

I would recommend asking a friend who is going to the induction to fill you in? Or even contacting your programme director to find out as they normally arrange this stuff. I am pretty sure there is a computer science society too, the chances are the people on that committee take compsci? Check to see who is on the committee this year, and if there is final year student on the committee I would recommend contacting them about induction week or even messaging the society Instagram account. I am sure they would be happy to help.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest