Who is doing Pharmacy Foundation at University of Reading starting in 2023

Scroll to see replies

I am
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Hey both!

Great to hear you'll hopefully be joining us at Reading.
If you have any questions about life in Reading or the course, please let us know!

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

I am, but does anyone know what the Pharmacy Foundation exam at University of Reading looks like? I know they have an archive of past exams on their website but I couldn't found the one for Pharmacy Foundation
Original post by Kurzed
I am, but does anyone know what the Pharmacy Foundation exam at University of Reading looks like? I know they have an archive of past exams on their website but I couldn't found the one for Pharmacy Foundation

Hi @Kurzed,
The foundation exam will follow a similar format to the first year exams you can find on the archive that you mentioned - I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet, as it will be explained to you in detail during your foundation year. When you find out the module codes and names that you'll be taking, you can use them to filter the searches on the past papers too - find a list of pharmacy modules here!
If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know!
Kath :smile:
3rd Year History Undergraduate
Is there some sort of whatsapp or other social media group for foundation pharmacy students
Is there some sort of whatsapp or other social media group for foundation pharmacy students

I am not aware of any myself, but you should have received an invite to join the Reading Uni offer holders Facebook group - I believe it's called "University of Reading Freshers 2023-24"! You should be able to contact other people enrolled in your degree and discuss things there.
Hope this helped!
Kath :smile:
3rd Year History Undergraduate
Reply 7
ayy im kind of considering firming reading too
Original post by 5_ooo

Hey @5_ooo

That's great to hear! Let us know if there's anything we can do to help with your decision-making i.e. if you have any questions at all.

Good luck!
Original post by 5_ooo

Same but i got to wait for kingston to give me a offer so i can firm reading
Original post by Ab12345678910123

Hello @Ab12345678910123 , great to hear that you are thinking about firming Reading! Please let us know if you have any questions about Reading in general or University life.
Owain :smile:
2nd year Mathematics and Economics Student
Reply 11
Original post by Ab12345678910123

omg same😭
Hii did you receive offers for reading?

I am :smile:
I am :smile:

Me too
Original post by Pharmacy2023
Me too

Hey Anonymous & @Pharmacy2023

So good to hear you'll be joining us this year - we're super excited to welcome you!!

Hope you're both feeling okay, and if you have any questions at all before you start, do let us know and we will do our best to help.

Good luck !

Hey, I just wanted to ask if resisting and reapplying for pharmacy (MPharm) next year (2024 entry) into Reading Uni will put me at a disadvantage in any shape or form of way? I also wanted to ask if I could possibly to transfer to the MPharm course after studying the first year of Biomedical sciences at Kingston?
I would really appreciate if I could get a response ASAP.
Thanks.
Hey, I just wanted to ask if resisting and reapplying for pharmacy (MPharm) next year (2024 entry) into Reading Uni will put me at a disadvantage in any shape or form of way? I also wanted to ask if I could possibly to transfer to the MPharm course after studying the first year of Biomedical sciences at Kingston?
I would really appreciate if I could get a response ASAP.
Thanks.

Hey Anonymous!

I don't think reapplying would put you at a disadvantage, as the university like to consider all applications on an individual basis, and take all factors into account, so I think if you achieve the necessary grades, and then did well at interview, this wouldn't be an issue.
In terms of transferring though, I think this may be more difficult with Pharmacy,as it's quite a competitive course that usually fills up quickly, however, I would strongly advise you get in touch with the admissions team and ask for their advice as they will be the best equipped to advise if this is a possibility or not, and/or what your other options could be. You can contact them via email [email protected] or call +44 (0) 118 378 8372.

Hope this helps, but if you have any other questions, please let us know and we will do our best to help!
Good luck with whichever path you decide to take!

Original post by Kurzed

as someone who has finished the foundation year and passed at first attempt and is now going into the actual degree it’ll be like doing a biology and chemistry a level again (or not i don’t know what a levels you’ve done) and i don’t know if it’s changed or not but you have a module that’s for learning about pharmacy calculations and the basics of paitent care! there’s one other module called foundation in academic skills which is about learning reflective skills that you’re definitely going to need going into a pharmacy degree (i’ve look at the modules for the degree and a lot of it is building a reflective portfolio so academic skills is quite useful!)
i wish you the best of luck! don’t panic about the exams either, if you’d like more information i would be happy to tell you more!
Original post by Kurzed

from doing the exams this year and passing, i don’t know if it’ll change but

you have a 3 hour chemistry exam in person, 45 min biology exam online (it’s multiple choice), an 1 hour maths exam (this is the pharmacy module one)
i found the chemistry one quite difficult and i wasn’t the only one who did, the maths was quite simple and if you did well in gcse maths then this one should be a breeze! the biology exam was also quite easy as it was also open book, but i don’t know if they will change this. the biology and chemistry ones are pretty much a level questions!

also these exams aren’t 100% of your whole module, the chemistry being 60%, biology 50% and the maths 50% overall.
the maths one is also very important for you progressing as you have to pass this at 40/100 in order for you to progress
also to note, you need to pass your chem and bio modules at 60% and have an average of 60% across all your modules in order to pass, which is quite high for a foundation year but it’s required due to the degree, don’t panic though im sure you’ll do fine!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending