The Student Room Group

Financial hardship

Hi unfortunately this year I lost my grandpa in August and for this reason I submitted EC to my university, and was accepted due to my bereavement, and I wasn’t able to resit on August, now I’ve checked my status and they’ve considered me as a dormant for a full year, I have to resit but can’t go or attend any classes! this is getting me even more stressed out, staying at home for a whole year and scared that I won’t be able to pay my bills! What can I do to have some help with funds to get me through this horrible situation thank you so much
Reply 1
Hi unfortunately this year I lost my grandpa in August and for this reason I submitted EC to my university, and was accepted due to my bereavement, and I wasn’t able to resit on August, now I’ve checked my status and they’ve considered me as a dormant for a full year, I have to resit but can’t go to any classes! this is getting me even more stressed out, staying at home for a whole year and scared that I won’t be able to pay my bills! What can I do to have some help with funds to get me through this horrible situation thank you so much
Original post by F.ch
Hi unfortunately this year I lost my grandpa in August and for this reason I submitted EC to my university, and was accepted due to my bereavement, and I wasn’t able to resit on August, now I’ve checked my status and they’ve considered me as a dormant for a full year, I have to resit but can’t go to any classes! this is getting me even more stressed out, staying at home for a whole year and scared that I won’t be able to pay my bills! What can I do to have some help with funds to get me through this horrible situation thank you so much

Hi there,

If you are studying the year externally and not 'in attendance' then do speak to the university and they'll advise on any funding through them you may be eligible for. Thanks, Jason
Reply 3
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

If you are studying the year externally and not 'in attendance' then do speak to the university and they'll advise on any funding through them you may be eligible for. Thanks, Jason

Thank you so much
Original post by F.ch
Thank you so much

You're welcome. Have a good day. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending