The Student Room Group

deleted

….
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
To what extent has the development of (named location) impacted the residents' quality of life and mental well-being? Not sure but I'm assuming something like this if you want to link to psychology... You could find statistics on depression and those in therapy in differing areas. A bit of a niche but cool subject, just make sure you can link it to more than 2 topics across the whole spec
Reply 2
Original post by spliced
So im starting my (a level) NEA, but i’m really stuck on the title/what to do. I would like to somehow link psychology to my NEA, but i’m not sure how I would do this. I was initially thinking of doing a physical based one, with some human elements integrated (like perception and coastal management strategies), but now i’m thinking a human one is easier (to do with like quality of life or sustainability). Does anyone have advice/any example titles please? I’m likely to do a ‘to what extent’ question, but just a bit stuck! Any help would be appreciated thank you :smile:

The concept of combining the NEA component is an interesting and in terms of a data technique you could potentially utilise emotional mapping as a way of presenting the data. Thats if the title you finalise on can effectively use it.
Reply 3
Original post by spliced
So im starting my (a level) NEA, but i’m really stuck on the title/what to do. I would like to somehow link psychology to my NEA, but i’m not sure how I would do this. I was initially thinking of doing a physical based one, with some human elements integrated (like perception and coastal management strategies), but now i’m thinking a human one is easier (to do with like quality of life or sustainability). Does anyone have advice/any example titles please? I’m likely to do a ‘to what extent’ question, but just a bit stuck! Any help would be appreciated thank you :smile:

My NEA was on the conflicts associated with the low traffic neighbourhood scheme in my local area and why they occurred- I also wanted to link psychology into it and used the psychological theory of planned behaviour to examine transport preferences. :smile:

I used word clouds (which you can generate on websites) to highlight the main concerns- you could do this with the main themes of people's wellbeing maybe??? It's a really great qualitative data method!
Reply 4
Original post by spliced

Hi!! I linked psychology into my NEA this year, I did it using the concept of happiness. So i used two main techniques when collecting my data:
1. Emotional mapping - although i actually didn't end up using this in my final write up
2. Happiness survey - I used the Oxford Happiness Survey (can easily find online) as part of a questionnaire and then asked my participants to submit their scores

Definitely link the title to wellbeing as that'll really make the link stand out. When you're having to do background research on articles and theorists etcs. try and look at some environmental psychologists.

I also linked the happiness in my NEA to crime, as this way i could bring in crime psychologists into my write up too. Hope this helps at all - if you need any help at all my messages are open! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending