The Student Room Group

Supplies needed for a mechanical engineering degree

Hi, I've just finished my A-Levels and am looking at my old stationary and I'm not sure how much of it I'll need next year? I know a lot of stuff is digital now so I probably won't need masses of folders, but I'm not sure how much to take or what to give away. I've got 11 lever arch folders, plenty of dividers and refill pads. Can anyone doing an engineering degree give me an insight into what stationery supplies I'll need next year? Folders, paper, notebooks etc, any advice as to what to bring would be helpful, thank you.
Original post by ramennoddles
Hi, I've just finished my A-Levels and am looking at my old stationary and I'm not sure how much of it I'll need next year? I know a lot of stuff is digital now so I probably won't need masses of folders, but I'm not sure how much to take or what to give away. I've got 11 lever arch folders, plenty of dividers and refill pads. Can anyone doing an engineering degree give me an insight into what stationery supplies I'll need next year? Folders, paper, notebooks etc, any advice as to what to bring would be helpful, thank you.

Something to write notes with, and something to write them onto are the main ones, whichever suits you. Pen and paper is fine. A ruler can also be handy. If you ever have to do scale diagrams (e.g. for doing vector stuff), a compass and protractor can also be useful - but not something I'd get unless you know you're going to need it.
A ball point pen, pencil, calculator & a4 lined paper is the standard stuff.

You’ll need to make notes and have a filing system although different peoples approach varies. You’ll likely need a protractor & compass for mohrs circles although this won’t be used day to day.

Highlighters & multi coloured pens are useful.

Quick Reply

Latest