The Student Room Group

throwing alevel work?

I’ve just finished my alevels and i’ve already thrown all my stuff away- only things i have left is my booklets that i think will help me on my course at uni, and my annotated english lit books. should i have thrown it all away before results day, incase i need to resit? there’s an extremely slim chance that i would resit and not get into uni but i’ve started stressing now 😬
Reply 1
It takes up space and it can be a thorn in the side - but if you have any old papers, questions, answers etc my advice would be to hang on to them.

In 20 to 30 years, you have educational history; and if you still have documents and notes you will be the living reflection of what was and what is education in the 'now' - You can be the judge of how standards have deteriorated or improved. You can speak authoritatively if you go back into higher education later on in life.

If you go into teaching in 5 years and you had a great tutor for your A-levels you have a road map and a blue print that many would bite your hand off to obtain.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter either way - but beware of being accused of being a 'hoarder' - Be selective, choose carefully and file everything in a good place.

Quick Reply

Latest