The Student Room Group

Degree Apprenticeship

I have been offered a really good apprenticeship opportunity and have been encouraged to accept it by the employer. However, I know I won’t achieve the alevel grades required (BBC) and think I will get significantly lower results like (DDD). I have stated this to the company but they are still encouraging me to accept it as they really liked me in the interview. I know I flopped alevels so badly and think I might retake but I don’t know what to do. The company said they’ll probably reject if I don’t get grades but if the university has spaces and agrees it could work or they could work something out. It’s for civil engineering. Is anyone else in a similar situation where they have been offered an apprenticeship but don’t know if they’ll get grades. And any advice ? Stressing since alevel exams.
Thanks
Reply 1
I would accept it but also consider other options in case it doesn't work out for you. What have you got to lose?
Original post by 4kash
I have been offered a really good apprenticeship opportunity and have been encouraged to accept it by the employer. However, I know I won’t achieve the alevel grades required (BBC) and think I will get significantly lower results like (DDD). I have stated this to the company but they are still encouraging me to accept it as they really liked me in the interview. I know I flopped alevels so badly and think I might retake but I don’t know what to do. The company said they’ll probably reject if I don’t get grades but if the university has spaces and agrees it could work or they could work something out. It’s for civil engineering. Is anyone else in a similar situation where they have been offered an apprenticeship but don’t know if they’ll get grades. And any advice ? Stressing since alevel exams.
Thanks

Lol u rly regretting not taking a level seriously now. But all seriousness 😏 u should just accept the offer and then on results day u will know if its decline or not. Plus u can still accept uni offers.
Reply 3
Accept a good offer, it seems they really want you. Work hard, see how it goes
Did you end up working for the BBC in the end? What one was it and what was it like if so?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending