The Student Room Group

Degree Apprenticeship

I have been offered a really good apprenticeship opportunity and have been encouraged to accept it by the employer. However, I know I won’t achieve the alevel grades required (BBC) and think I will get significantly lower results like (DDD). I have stated this to the company but they are still encouraging me to accept it as they really liked me in the interview. I know I flopped alevels so badly and think I might retake but I don’t know what to do. The company said they’ll probably reject if I don’t get grades but if the university has spaces and agrees it could work or they could work something out. It’s for civil engineering. Is anyone else in a similar situation where they have been offered an apprenticeship but don’t know if they’ll get grades. And any advice ? Stressing since alevel exams.
Thanks
Reply 1
I would accept it but also consider other options in case it doesn't work out for you. What have you got to lose?
Original post by 4kash
I have been offered a really good apprenticeship opportunity and have been encouraged to accept it by the employer. However, I know I won’t achieve the alevel grades required (BBC) and think I will get significantly lower results like (DDD). I have stated this to the company but they are still encouraging me to accept it as they really liked me in the interview. I know I flopped alevels so badly and think I might retake but I don’t know what to do. The company said they’ll probably reject if I don’t get grades but if the university has spaces and agrees it could work or they could work something out. It’s for civil engineering. Is anyone else in a similar situation where they have been offered an apprenticeship but don’t know if they’ll get grades. And any advice ? Stressing since alevel exams.
Thanks

Lol u rly regretting not taking a level seriously now. But all seriousness 😏 u should just accept the offer and then on results day u will know if its decline or not. Plus u can still accept uni offers.
Reply 3
Accept a good offer, it seems they really want you. Work hard, see how it goes
Reply 4
Did you end up working for the BBC in the end? What one was it and what was it like if so?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending