The Student Room Group

Investment Banking - GCSE Student

What are the best A-Levels to take for investment banking, and getting an offer into LSE or oxford? Currently, I want to do maths, further maths, and economics. I am considering a 4th but I am not sure if i should and even if I should, I am not sure what it should be.
You don't need a 4th if you're confident in what you want to do. For example, if you know you want to do a maths degree or an economics degree those subjects are perfectly fine.
Reply 2
Have you bothered ti actually look at the A level requirements for these courses on any Uni websites?
It isnt a secret - it will be there written for the world to see.

Start by doing your own research online, and then going to Open Days and asking questions.
Reply 3
Original post by Labradoodle1
You don't need a 4th if you're confident in what you want to do. For example, if you know you want to do a maths degree or an economics degree those subjects are perfectly fine.

thanks for the reply
My sister is applying to study economics this year and wants to become an investment banker too, she takes those exact a levels so it’s fine
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
Have you bothered ti actually look at the A level requirements for these courses on any Uni websites?
It isnt a secret - it will be there written for the world to see.

Start by doing your own research online, and then going to Open Days and asking questions.

I did check, but they recommended maths, and/or fm, and an essay writing subject (economics), but didnt talk about 4 a levels. Thanks.
Original post by bobiscool112
I did check, but they recommended maths, and/or fm, and an essay writing subject (economics), but didnt talk about 4 a levels. Thanks.

3 a levels are fine!
Reply 7
(Original post by marble arch)My sister is applying to study economics this year and wants to become an investment banker too, she takes those exact a levels so it’s fine

Oh right. Thanks.
Reply 8
No-one needs 4 A Levels as all Unis only ever ask for 3 grades.

Remember AAA will always look better than BBBB - and that could cost you a Uni place in August.

Quick Reply

Latest