The Student Room Group

I am the biggest ****** in the world, please remind me ocassionally in case I forget

I was applying for an admin civil service job. Dream job. Spend 2 days writing up personal statement linking my experience to person specification they require. Relevant experience, no typos, proof read 10 times etc.

Woke up following morning to put finishing touches and hit submit button. About few moments later i felt strange anxiety. I went to read my application again and boom...I have ended my application by writing Sincerely and my name. Problem is application explicitly asked not to put any any names as they blind recruiting, and one of requirements for the job was attention to detail which I mentioned as my skill in that statement. There was even a checkbox at the bottom of the application where I declared that no names are included in this application. And it was not possible to amend it.

I have broken down like a baby. I hate myself, I hate my life that I made such trivial yet significant mistake. I could not let this application to hit deadline date. I have withdraw it and at the same time I was blocked from reapplying again.

That mistake potentially cost me this job. I will never ever forget that. So moral of the story guys, read your applications thoroughly. And dont be like me. A **** ******.
okay you are the biggest ****** in the world

jk, dont worry there are other jobs out there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending