The Student Room Group

Gcse maths remark I was 6 marks of a 5

Is a remark for my maths papers worth it to find 6 marks the 3 papers was out of 240?
Original post by Ollie 7
Is a remark for my maths papers worth it to find 6 marks the 3 papers was out of 240?

Gaining 6 marks across 3 Maths papers would be unusual, but nothing's impossible. Before deciding whether or not to spend the money on this, ask your school to use your exam board's free Access to Scripts service. This gives you and your teacher immediate on-line access to your marked papers (unless you're with AQA, in which case expect to wait 10 days). You can then go through them looking for marking issues. If you can't find 6 "missing" marks, then there'd be little point paying for a Review of Marking.
Original post by Ollie 7

i say no, its 6 marks and its hard to really incorrectly mark maths papers as the answer is either right or wrong and its pretty obvious where method marks should be given, unlike essay subjects or science subjects where misinterpretation is common. marking all 3 papers would be very expensive too and its unlikely the grade will change as i said above..
if u decide to, defo do the free script thing first to check if anything is blatantly marked incorrectly.

Quick Reply

Latest