The Student Room Group

protein power for muscle growth

for my protein intake probably around 50% or more comes from my protein shake (I would assume) , so I was wondering is it bad if majority of my protein comes from a protein shake? Or does it have no difference at all compared to having actual food?
Really doesn't make a difference. Protein shakes are a great way of increasing protein, especially if on a vegetarian diet for example. I use optimum nutrition and have a shake in the morning in place of breakfast. I also have one at night if I need to crush bedtime binge cravings. I'm not trying to build muscle so I don't work out, but counting calories and upping my protein has shifted 10lb in a month.
Original post by DRIPDRIP9463
for my protein intake probably around 50% or more comes from my protein shake (I would assume) , so I was wondering is it bad if majority of my protein comes from a protein shake? Or does it have no difference at all compared to having actual food?

Only thing I would say is make sure you eat a balanced diet if you want to get most of your protein from shakes or take vitamins

Quick Reply

Latest