The Student Room Group

Will I lose muscle mass while going on vacation for 4 days?

Will be going London for the weekend, will I lose muscle mass because of lack of diet for 4 days?
Reply 1
Why can't you eat healthy and exercise whilst away?
Negligible.
lmao nothing
Reply 4
Original post by Agent456
Will be going London for the weekend, will I lose muscle mass because of lack of diet for 4 days?

no but make sure to eat a lot of protein in your diet
Reply 5
I don't think so ...
Original post by Agent456

Depends on how long you are going to London and you don't train. A week is negligible. I am off with training in that time span as a rule on my journeys and I have not lose my gained muscles so far. What you can do is to eat foods with lots of proteins, fish for instance.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 7
No, You will start seeing strength and muscle gains after a MONTH of not training provided you're eating satisfactory protein during that time period. 4 days won't do anything, but it's not like you can't whack out a couple pushups or squats during those 4 days.
Original post by TheYahya
No, You will start seeing strength and muscle gains after a MONTH of not training provided you're eating satisfactory protein during that time period. 4 days won't do anything, but it's not like you can't whack out a couple pushups or squats during those 4 days.

Exaclty. Some days wouldn't change anything for the worse. All the more some workouts are doing in the meantime.
Reply 9
It is unlikely that you will lose muscle mass while going on vacation for 4 days. Your body needs more than 4 days of rest in order to start breaking down muscle tissue. Therefore, if you are taking a short break from working out and eating nutritiously during your vacation, it is unlikely that you will experience any significant loss of muscle mass.
However, it is important to note that if your vacation involves a lot of sitting or lying down and not moving around much, then you may experience some minor muscle atrophy due to disuse. To prevent this from happening, make sure to incorporate some light physical activity into your daily routine while on vacation such as walking or swimming. Additionally, make sure to eat plenty of protein-rich foods to help maintain your existing muscle mass.
Reply 10
Keep protein higher and enjoy

Quick Reply

Latest