The Student Room Group

Is it possible to be healthy and look abnormally thin at the same time?

Whilst being short?
(edited 5 months ago)
Firstly, that it a very unrealistic and unhealthy body goal. I used to think this way, and it mentally drained me.

If you're still determined to look slimmer whilst maintaining a healthy weight I would say the best way to do this is just to eat very healthily without restricting yourself too much, especially if you're under 18. You might want to look at building muscle, muscle is heavier than fat. You can meet the criteria of weighing a certain amount and look very slim if you're lean. For example, I could gain ten pounds and look slimmer if I've gained a lot of muscle (from strength-training) and lost some fat (from cardio).

In conclusion, do strength training, consume enough protein, focus on eating nutritious food rather than opting for low calorie junk, and finally listen to your body. If your body is crying out for food, chances are you need to eat ... or you've been loading up on food that aren't filling.

Please don't get obsessive about it. I'm a pretty average weight, rather short, and I don't look as slim as I would like but I'm healthy and I have energy to do all the things that I love in life. Besides, lifes a lot more enjoyable for you and everyone around you when you're not hyperfocused on your looks. I really hope this helped. :smile:
(edited 5 months ago)
Abnormally thin is not a healthy appearance or a healthy physical state to be in.
It goes far beyond slim and healthy, looks scary and emanciated.
Like Eugenia Cooney does or Victoria Beckham did at her most unhealthy.

It's best to focus on eating a balanced diet with at least two daily meals and plenty of still unflavoured water.
Lots of protein, pulses, fresh salad and nuts if you are not allergic.
With a few short daily exercise workouts of 15mins or less.
Youtubers like Emi Wong and Gabi Whited has plenty that can be done on a chair or in bed.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest