The Student Room Group

Switching DSA Suppliers from Barry Bennett to Sight and Sound

Hi! I've been recommended Barry Bennett as the supplier on my DSA2 letter for equipment such as a laptop and assistive software but they seem very overpriced and have some pretty awful 1 star reviews, does anyone have an opinion on BB?

I'm looking at asking SFE to switch suppliers to Sight and Sound instead, who quoted me a better price, agreed to cover any price difference from switching from BB and have much better reviews, and I was wondering if anyone has used them or knows how difficult it is to switch??

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 1
We used BB and had no problems but weren’t looking for anything too outrageous either ( A3 printer and some speech to text and text to speech software)
Original post by Euapp
We used BB and had no problems but weren’t looking for anything too outrageous either ( A3 printer and some speech to text and text to speech software)

Thank you for your reply! It's good to know you had a good experience with BB! Unfortunately I need a quite powerful laptop for my degree and that's what they seem to charge quite highly for 🤷
Reply 3
Original post by whimsicalweirdo3
Thank you for your reply! It's good to know you had a good experience with BB! Unfortunately I need a quite powerful laptop for my degree and that's what they seem to charge quite highly for 🤷

In that case I’d get onto DSA and ask if you could either change supplier or buy it yourself.
Original post by Euapp
In that case I’d get onto DSA and ask if you could either change supplier or buy it yourself.

Yeah I'm thinking it's definitely a good idea to switch supplier from BB
Reply 5
Original post by whimsicalweirdo3
Yeah I'm thinking it's definitely a good idea to switch supplier from BB

I was told today can’t switch if in England . Stick with overpriced BB

Quick Reply

Latest