The Student Room Group

BAE Systems 2023 - Christchurch Intake

Looking to chat with those who have been accepted on the BAE Systems 2023 intake for Christchurch, Dorset. It would be great to get to know one another, and perhaps sort out accommodation :smile:
Reply 1
Hi. Our son has just heard this morning that he may be starting at BAE Christchurch beginning or mid August. Did you manage to find anywhere? Regards Carolyn Davies
Reply 2
Hi Carolyn. Well done to your son on getting a spot! I currently haven't found anyone as of yet to house share with, and I'm still on the hunt for those beginning down in Christchurch. Rental prices have gone up considerably since I applied back at the start of this year, which is really throwing a spanner in the works :/. Presumably your son is starting the Degree apprenticeship in September? If he's looking to house share I'd be happy to try and organise something.

Kind regards :smile:
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 3
Ah ok. It’s an expensive area! He is at the post degree stage so almost 24. We aren’t sure yet about what he is doing before we look around. Thanks.
Reply 4
Original post by Cazzied
Ah ok. It’s an expensive area! He is at the post degree stage so almost 24. We aren’t sure yet about what he is doing before we look around. Thanks.

Cool. No worries let me know. I'm 23 myself, so in the exact same boat. Cheers
Reply 5
Will do.
Original post by spoofer
Cool. No worries let me know. I'm 23 myself, so in the exact same boat. Cheers
Reply 6
@Cazzied & @Spoofer
The Barrow intake seem to be getting a lot of support from BAE, but that doesn't seem to be the case with Christchurch, possibly as the intake is likely to be smaller. We have been checking on here for posts for quite some time for BAE Christchruch, so we're really glad you've both posted stuff, as we're going on leave next week and was hoping to sort the accommodation out soon.
We have a son, Jacob Custard current Y12 @TheCotswoldSchool that is starting on Sep 11th 2023 also, but he is a very sensible and mature 18/19 year old. He's going to be starting the Networking Engineering degree apprenticeship scheme, and he's also looking for other students to rent a property together.
We are originally from Dorset, so know the area well, and yes it is expensive. We've been looking on Rightmove and have visited Mudeford, Christchurch, New milton, Southborne, Boscombe area (from expensive to cheapest areas) to look for some properties, but you will get more for your money if you pool together for accommodation.
Can you message me?
Reply 7
@Spooker
@Cazzied
I also have a son that is starting a Network Engineering degree apprenticeship in Sep 2023, and he's also looking for other students to rent a property with. We're from Dorset originally, so we know the area well, and yes it is expensive, so you will get more for your money by pooling together.
The Barrow intake seems to be getting a lot of support, but there doesn't seem to be any support for the Christchurch intake, presumably as it's likely to be smaller.
From expensive to cheapest, the local surrounding area will look like this:
1. Mudeford
2. Christchurch
3. New Milton
4. Southbourne
5. Boscombe
Can I connect you both with my son to chat?
Reply 8
Hi Costa7981,
We are currently looking at one bedroom rentals which are expensive. My son would prefer to live on his own so not an option for him sharing, apologies, despite my encouragement! All the best for Jacob!

Original post by Costa7981
@Cazzied & @Spoofer
The Barrow intake seem to be getting a lot of support from BAE, but that doesn't seem to be the case with Christchurch, possibly as the intake is likely to be smaller. We have been checking on here for posts for quite some time for BAE Christchruch, so we're really glad you've both posted stuff, as we're going on leave next week and was hoping to sort the accommodation out soon.
We have a son, Jacob Custard current Y12 @TheCotswoldSchool that is starting on Sep 11th 2023 also, but he is a very sensible and mature 18/19 year old. He's going to be starting the Networking Engineering degree apprenticeship scheme, and he's also looking for other students to rent a property together.
We are originally from Dorset, so know the area well, and yes it is expensive. We've been looking on Rightmove and have visited Mudeford, Christchurch, New milton, Southborne, Boscombe area (from expensive to cheapest areas) to look for some properties, but you will get more for your money if you pool together for accommodation.
Can you message me?
Reply 9
If either of you want to send me a private message then plesse do so. It wouldn’t let me as I have not posted enough.

Original post by callumguest
Hi, will be doing the Network Engineering Apprenticeship myself too. I'd be happy to look into house sharing if your son is still interested. If you private message me, I'll pass you my contact details and we can go from there :smile:
Reply 10
Not us I am afraid as my son doesn’t want to share.
Reply 11
@Spoofer, I'm unable to private message on StudentRoom also (for the same reason as Cazzied). I'm not sure what Calum Guest you are, as there are many on FB. Can you either send me a link to you profile via a private message on here or directly to my gmail email I previously shared on here? Or you can send a message to my sone on FB instead (Jacob Custard). There are 3 Jacob's on FB, his profile has a Guardian's of the Galaxy avatar (pink/purple), and he has 39 FB friends.
Reply 12
Original post by Costa7981
@Spoofer, I'm unable to private message on StudentRoom also (for the same reason as Cazzied). I'm not sure what Calum Guest you are, as there are many on FB. Can you either send me a link to you profile via a private message on here or directly to my gmail email I previously shared on here? Or you can send a message to my sone on FB instead (Jacob Custard). There are 3 Jacob's on FB, his profile has a Guardian's of the Galaxy avatar (pink/purple), and he has 39 FB friends.

Hi, I gave Jacob a message on FB :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by spoofer
Hi, I gave Jacob a message on FB :smile:

Great!
Reply 14
hi im ive applied for the christchurch one for cyber security and got on to hirevue and games assessment what can i expect and any tips would be appreciated x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending