The Student Room Group

Second Degree Student Finance

Hi, hoping someone from SFE will answer on here. I have already achieved a BSc and would like to study a second BSc, this time I would like to do Biomedical Science. I believe this is on a lower or equivalent level qualification exemption list. Would I be able to get funding for this either full or part time? And if so would I be eligible for tuition fees and maintenance funding?
Hi barbiegirl10,

Biomedical sciences is not an Allied Health Professional exception course so we would not be able to offer you any funding to study this apart from grants and DSA if you already have a degree and are looking to study this full time

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 2
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi barbiegirl10,

Biomedical sciences is not an Allied Health Professional exception course so we would not be able to offer you any funding to study this apart from grants and DSA if you already have a degree and are looking to study this full time

Thanks,
Calum

Hi, thank you for replying so quickly. Is this only for full-time? Or would there be the possibility of part-time funding?
Hi barbiegirl10,

If you have the name of the course and university for the part time course I can check this for you, there are different courses that are part time exceptions - the course needs to have a certain code on our database

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 4
Hi barbiegirl10,

If you have the name of the course and university for the part time course I can check this for you, there are different courses that are part time exceptions - the course needs to have a certain code on our database

Thanks,
Calum

Thank you
I am looking at 3 courses
1. Biomedical Science at Canterbury Christchurch (part time)
2. Pharmaceutical Sciences at University of Greenwich (part time)
3. Biomedical Sciences at University of Kent (I am not sure if they offer this part time perhaps you could let me know)
Hi barbiegirl10,

I can't see that there is a part time course in Biomedical Science at Canterbury Christchurch. The course at the University of Greenwich is a part time exception so you would be eligible for funding for this course. I can't see that Kent do a part time Biomedical sciences course either.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 6
Hi barbiegirl10,

I can't see that there is a part time course in Biomedical Science at Canterbury Christchurch. The course at the University of Greenwich is a part time exception so you would be eligible for funding for this course. I can't see that Kent do a part time Biomedical sciences course either.

Thanks,
Calum

Thank you it is good to know that Greenwich is an option. How strange that Christchurch hasn’t come up as I have already applied for and received communication from the university about that course.
Hi barbiegirl10,

They may not have listed the part time version of the course on the Course Management System, the course needs to be on this database for us to offer funding

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 8
Ok is this something the university is likely to do if I bring this to their attention? Or is it more likely I won’t be able to study there? Thanks
Hi barbiegirl10,

I would advise speaking to the university to see if they can add the course to the system as it may simply be an oversight on their part

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 10
Thank you for all your help
Hi barbiegirl10,

You're welcome, have a nice evening

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending