The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan and pre settle status

Hi

I am applying to uni this year, but while creating my account I noticed that due to my pre-settle status I cant get the maintenance loan, as it just says I need to apply through a paper document, for tuition fee ONLY funding)
I've lived in England since September of 2020, and to get the 'settled' status and get the maintenance loan, I need to have lived here for at least 5 years.

I'd there anything I can do? Any help or any detail I am missing to get the maintenance loan? Also, the tuition loan will it be paid fully or partially?

Thanks
Hi there. First, the Fee would be paid in full in 3 instalments directly to the institution. Regarding the Maintenance Loan, are you an EU national? Are you working in the UK at the moment? If not, do you have any family members working in the UK? Thanks, David
Hi jas_d,

If you are an EU national with pre-settled status you will usually only be eligible for the tuition fee loan. The exception to this is if you apply as a Migrant Worker, for this you will need to be employed during the academic year at an acceptable level and to send us your employment evidence.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 3
Original post by David SLC
Hi there. First, the Fee would be paid in full in 3 instalments directly to the institution. Regarding the Maintenance Loan, are you an EU national? Are you working in the UK at the moment? If not, do you have any family members working in the UK? Thanks, David

Hi, yes, I am an EU National and my both parents are working right now on the UK

Thanks
Original post by jas_d
Hi, yes, I am an EU National and my both parents are working right now on the UK
Thanks

Thank you. Can you please also confirm your age? Thanks, David
Reply 5
Original post by David SLC
Thank you. Can you please also confirm your age? Thanks, David

I am 18 currently
Hi there. You can apply as a child of a Migrant Worker on a PN1 form. You will have to pick one parent who is an EU national and working in the UK to use as the family member. You will need to provider their valid Passport, EUSS share code, your birth certificate, and their employment evidence.

Can you confirm if they are employed or self- employed?

Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending