The Student Room Group

Re: Provisional Degree for Admission

I will be graduating in 2024 and i want to apply for MSc Cybersecurity for Sept 2024. But i will be getting my Provisional degree certificate from my UG university in August 2024. So can i apply to the Coventry university? like will my application gets accepted by the university and can i get the unconditional offer letter from the university, if i submit my Provisional Degree Certificate in August 2024 for the Sept 2024 intake? Will i get CAS?
Reply 1
Original post by sohan9
I will be graduating in 2024 and i want to apply for MSc Cybersecurity for Sept 2024. But i will be getting my Provisional degree certificate from my UG university in August 2024. So can i apply to the Coventry university? like will my application gets accepted by the university and can i get the unconditional offer letter from the university, if i submit my Provisional Degree Certificate in August 2024 for the Sept 2024 intake? Will i get CAS?

Hello, you should be getting your provisional degree certificate much earlier than August, do not worry. Moreover, you would need your academic transcripts (not marksheets) to apply for the university, and if you have completed your degree successfully, then your academic transcripts will reflect whether you have passed the degree or not.

it is best to inform the unis that you only have academic transcripts and that your uni hasnt provided a provisional degree yet. Explain your situation to them, and they may even ask to see a letter from your uni saying that they havent provided a provisional degree yet. Once you’ve received your unconditional offer and paid the deposit, your CAS issuance process will begin
do you have everything that you need for the Coventry university application?
(edited 9 months ago)
If you are based in India, most unis will consider provisional docs given the timescales that Indian unis work to. It is best to contact directly and confirm what documentation they will require if you receive an offer.

With regards to applying, yes, most candidates apply with an interim transcript whilst in their final year.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
If you are based in India, most unis will consider provisional docs given the timescales that Indian unis work to. It is best to contact directly and confirm what documentation they will require if you receive an offer.

With regards to applying, yes, most candidates apply with an interim transcript whilst in their final year.

Hey I am from INDIA and my university will provide my Provisional Degree only in first week of August. But i will be having Consolidated marks Transcript, Bonafide Certificate and transcripts. I want to know that will i get unconditional letter and CAS from the University if i submit my Provisional Degree in August.
Reply 5
Original post by ravenpri
Hello, you should be getting your provisional degree certificate much earlier than August, do not worry. Moreover, you would need your academic transcripts (not marksheets) to apply for the university, and if you have completed your degree successfully, then your academic transcripts will reflect whether you have passed the degree or not.

it is best to inform the unis that you only have academic transcripts and that your uni hasnt provided a provisional degree yet. Explain your situation to them, and they may even ask to see a letter from your uni saying that they havent provided a provisional degree yet. Once you’ve received your unconditional offer and paid the deposit, your CAS issuance process will begin

Yeah i will contact the uni.Thank you for the reply.
Original post by sohan9
Hey I am from INDIA and my university will provide my Provisional Degree only in first week of August. But i will be having Consolidated marks Transcript, Bonafide Certificate and transcripts. I want to know that will i get unconditional letter and CAS from the University if i submit my Provisional Degree in August.

Only Coventry can answer this, but yes, most unis would accept come combination of these docs to go unconditional.
Reply 7
Original post by sohan9

Hi i am from India. I submitted my academic transcripts and passing certificate (which also acts as the provisional degree). Received unconditional offers from 4 UK unis in April without submitting my actual degree. Got my CAS (for which i had to produce financial evidence) last week, have applied for tier 4 visa as well. You should be fine.
Reply 8
Original post by ravenpri
Hi i am from India. I submitted my academic transcripts and passing certificate (which also acts as the provisional degree). Received unconditional offers from 4 UK unis in April without submitting my actual degree. Got my CAS (for which i had to produce financial evidence) last week, have applied for tier 4 visa as well. You should be fine.

ohh okay, thank you for replying. Btw which universities have you applied?
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by sohan9
ohh okay, thank you for replying. Btw which universities have you applied?

Liverpool, BCU, UKC, Newcastle and QMUL. Firmed UKC. Welcome!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending