The Student Room Group

Admission

Hello I currently hold an offer from UCL for MSc in international development from engineering but my offer requires a minimum of 2:1 i got a 2:2 will i still be accepted

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ceeecee
Hello I currently hold an offer from UCL for MSc in international development from engineering but my offer requires a minimum of 2:1 i got a 2:2 will i still be accepted

Hi there,

Congratulations on getting an offer!

I was in a similar place when applying for my undergrad, which is how I ended up at Cardiff which has really worked out. Unfortunately, in my experience, it depends on if the course is full. If there are still spaces then they may accept you. Do you know how full the course gets?

Jaz - Cardiff Student rep
Reply 2
Original post by CardiffUni Rep
Hi there,

I was in a similar place when applying for my undergrad, which is how I ended up at Cardiff which has really worked out. Unfortunately, in my experience, it depends on if the course is full. If there are still spaces then they may accept you. Do you know how full the course gets?

I donot know but the admissions for that particular course we’re supposed to close long ago but they re opened it again so i guess lot of people didn’t enroll also its masters not undergrad
Original post by Ceeecee
I donot know but the admissions for that particular course we’re supposed to close long ago but they re opened it again so i guess lot of people didn’t enroll also its masters not undergrad

Hi there

That may be a positive indicator then. And I'm aware that it's master's and not undergrad but I can only tell you my experiences :smile:
Good luck!

Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Original post by Ceeecee

Even if you miss your offer conditions it's important to send a transcript and your results to your university. They'll let you know whether they're able to accept you with lower grades, if they can't accept it or if you'll have to wait until they have a better idea of numbers from other applicants for a decision.
Original post by Ceeecee

All you can do is submit your results to them and wait and see. They may have some leeway depending on how close you were and how many places they are confirming to other offer holders. The key thing is to send your degree cert and transcript ASAP.
Reply 6
Original post by Admit-One
All you can do is submit your results to them and wait and see. They may have some leeway depending on how close you were and how many places they are confirming to other offer holders. The key thing is to send your degree cert and transcript ASAP.

Yes i will submit that asap i just have a few things to fix on it also my lecturer advised me as i send my transcript i should email the admission team a meme er from them find there email and email them personally
Original post by Ceeecee
Yes i will submit that asap i just have a few things to fix on it also my lecturer advised me as i send my transcript i should email the admission team a meme er from them find there email and email them personally

it's peak holiday season for admissions staff - I would send your transcript to the team email accounts or presumably you have an upload option on portico if it's UCL?
Reply 8
Original post by PQ
it's peak holiday season for admissions staff - I would send your transcript to the team email accounts or presumably you have an upload option on portico if it's UCL?

Yes it has a ucl portico where i can send my transcript to them but how do i find pur who works in the admissions team of UCL
Original post by Ceeecee
Yes it has a ucl portico where i can send my transcript to them but how do i find pur who works in the admissions team of UCL

You don't need to - just upload your transcript on portico and whoever is responsible (or their holiday cover) will see the upload.

If you're an international student then you can also email your country contact to find out when you'll get a decision https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/international/country-search
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Ceeecee

Just email the admissions team, it's what they are there for. Emailing individuals might cause a delay or worst case, bad advice if they are not involved with admissions activity directly.
Reply 11
Just email the admissions team, it's what they are there for. Emailing individuals might cause a delay or worst case, bad advice if they are not involved with admissions activity directly.

I found a lady email address who is head of admissions from ucl her name is bella malins she also gave a whole article on how to write personal statements for ucl should i email her because this is what i was advised by my lecturer because he is the head of teaching and has good relations with ucl
Original post by Ceeecee
I found a lady email address who is head of admissions from ucl her name is bella malins she also gave a whole article on how to write personal statements for ucl should i email her because this is what i was advised by my lecturer because he is the head of teaching and has good relations with ucl

No, just upload it to the portal if there is one and email a copy to the general admissions address. The Head of Admissions isn't going to get involved with individual borderline cases and it's just going to delay things as they pass it along to the relevant people.
Reply 13
Hi there,

Hi there

That may be a positive indicator then. And I'm aware that it's master's and not undergrad but I can only tell you my experiences :smile:
Good luck!

Jaz - Cardiff student rep

My lecturer from Cardiff university advised me to send my transcript but along that also send email to a person from the admissions team. I found a lady email address who is head of admissions from ucl her name is bella malins she also gave a whole article on how to write personal statements for ucl should i email her because this is what i was advised by my lecturer because he is the head of teaching and has good relations with ucl
Original post by Ceeecee
My lecturer from Cardiff university advised me to send my transcript but along that also send email to a person from the admissions team. I found a lady email address who is head of admissions from ucl her name is bella malins she also gave a whole article on how to write personal statements for ucl should i email her because this is what i was advised by my lecturer because he is the head of teaching and has good relations with ucl

No don’t email your transcript to the head of admissions.

Academic staff rarely understand admissions processes. Your lecturer is giving you poor advice
Reply 15
Original post by PQ
No don’t email your transcript to the head of admissions.

Academic staff rarely understand admissions processes. Your lecturer is giving you poor advice

No he said to submit the transcript by the portal not email but he said to email a admission person and tell them how dedicated you are to the course
Original post by Ceeecee
No he said to submit the transcript by the portal not email but he said to email a admission person and tell them how dedicated you are to the course

Both PQ and myself work in admissions. Again, your lecturer is giving you bad advice, a begging email to the head of admissions isn’t going to make any difference and will likely just get deleted. Follow their procedure for submitting results.
Reply 17
Both PQ and myself work in admissions. Again, your lecturer is giving you bad advice, a begging email to the head of admissions isn’t going to make any difference and will likely just get deleted. Follow their procedure for submitting results.

So i just submit my transcript to them and just wait for the decision. In case they donot accept than who do you think i should email or request
Original post by Ceeecee
So i just submit my transcript to them and just wait for the decision. In case they donot accept than who do you think i should email or request

If they consider your results and ultimately decide not to accept you then there’s nothing you can do. The decision will be final.
Reply 19
If they consider your results and ultimately decide not to accept you then there’s nothing you can do. The decision will be final.

Thanks for the information and guidance but i am really stressed i also got very bad on one of my module but my lecturer told me that they will be more interested in the modules that are related to the course rather than the module that are not related to the course. Also i have very good work experience and also i have worked in thaf field as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending