The Student Room Group

Biomedical science

Hello ,

I will be going into studying biomedical science in September. I’m worried as I think I won’t be able to do good as I don’t have the best GCSEs of only getting a 4-3 in science gcse.

I wanted to ask for the people that study it will I find it difficult?
Reply 1
Original post by unknown26229
Hello ,

I will be going into studying biomedical science in September. I’m worried as I think I won’t be able to do good as I don’t have the best GCSEs of only getting a 4-3 in science gcse.

I wanted to ask for the people that study it will I find it difficult?

Hi:smile: If you got into the course for Biomed science already there's no need to worry really. Prospective job offers won't look at your GCSEs. However if the concern is you won't do well at uni, your GCSEs aren't a good medium to measure. Assuming you took sciences at A-level/IB and did well, you'll be fine. If you're still worried - you could use https://cognitoedu.org/home.html as it's a very good website for GCSE understanding and may help prior to starting your Biomed course. Don't worry about the 3-4s at GCSE. besides that, good luck - not that you'll need it :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by wafiya1740
Hi:smile: If you got into the course for Biomed science already there's no need to worry really. Prospective job offers won't look at your GCSEs. However if the concern is you won't do well at uni, your GCSEs aren't a good medium to measure. Assuming you took sciences at A-level/IB and did well, you'll be fine. If you're still worried - you could use https://cognitoedu.org/home.html as it's a very good website for GCSE understanding and may help prior to starting your Biomed course. Don't worry about the 3-4s at GCSE. besides that, good luck - not that you'll need it :smile:

Hello , thank you for ur reply. Yes I took btec applied science. I’m just worried as some students that study biomed have high grades like 7/8 and I’m here with a 4-3. Also I am aiming for a 1:1 in biomedical science as I’d want to study medicine later on but yet again my GCSEs hold be back.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending