The Student Room Group

Switching accommodation

Hi I recently started university and I’m trying to switch my accommodation as it is way too far away from everything and becoming a hassle for me as I have to spend money on Ubers I thought I could put up with it if I really got on with my flatmates but I don’t has anyone else switched accommodation if so what was it like do the people you move in with avoid u coz I’ve moved in after freshers will it make things worse
Original post by miawez123
Hi I recently started university and I’m trying to switch my accommodation as it is way too far away from everything and becoming a hassle for me as I have to spend money on Ubers I thought I could put up with it if I really got on with my flatmates but I don’t has anyone else switched accommodation if so what was it like do the people you move in with avoid u coz I’ve moved in after freshers will it make things worse

Hi there,
I've never switched accommodation myself but in my first year at uni, a couple of my flatmates opted to swap/book alternative accommodation as they were not happy with their first choice. Myself and the other people in the flat definitely welcomed our new flatmates - personally, I really enjoyed the opportunity of meeting new people! All I'd say is, be open to making new friends and understand that your new flatmates may have already decided on a schedule/rules so be respectful of that.

In terms of swapping accommodation, if you have not already then I'd recommend speaking to your university accommodation team and understanding your tenancy agreement. Some university accommodations do offer the opportunity to swap, if there is somebody looking interested in your accommodation. Hopefully you get sorted!

- Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending