The Student Room Group

Music courses in Scotland, Not Grade 8?

Hi everyone,
I originally posted on tsr when I disliked school and would’ve done anything to leave. I’m pleased to say that I’ve really enjoyed the little taster of sixth year in June and so have decided to stay this year.

I run a music club at my school and I teach younger pupils songs they can play on instruments together. because of this, along with volunteering at a local school, it’s really made me think about what I want to do and has inspired me to get into teaching.

Uni could be an option for me, studying Music or Music Education, but the only problem I have is that most Unis ask for Grade 8 proficiency on an instrument, while advanced higher music at school is just an easier version of grade 5. I’m a bit lost what to do because it’s really off putting and demotivating that I can’t find suitable courses, and am worried I might not be able to go to uni, or even, college, (Edinburgh ask for Grade 6!) unless I take a year or two off to really focus on my skills. I’m wondering if any of you have any suggestions or advice for me, it would be really appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending