The Student Room Group

Final year grades

Hello,

Unfortunately my grades have slipped by and I was wondering whether there’s still hope for me to get a 2:1 in the end?

Second year :

3rd year

I have my dissertation and 2 grades left . Should I give up on 2.1 or do I still have a chance?
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

Unfortunately my grades have slipped by and I was wondering whether there’s still hope for me to get a 2:1 in the end?

Second year :

3rd year

I have my dissertation and 2 grades left . Should I give up on 2.1 or do I still have a chance?

Every uni calculates your final degree classification differently. Some do a simply weighted average across the final two years (using a 25:75, 30:70, 33:67 or 40:60 ratio of weightings). Others discard the impact of your weakest module in each year, or across both years. Or implement one of several other non-standard approaches.

Have you looked-up what rules your uni uses? It'll be in their Academic Regulations. Alternatively, which uni are you at?

(Also, do you have any predictions for your remaining modules? Based upon the general approach that many unis use, you should be in with a shout of getting a 2:1 if you can get over 65 in your remaining modules.)
Hi,

It might be worth asking your lecturers. They can tell you whether getting that 2:1 is possible and then, if it is, can tell you how to get it too and guide you!

Best of luck,
Katie (Film Graduate)
University of Wolverhampton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending