The Student Room Group

Reserve list

I dunno if anyone could help me here but I applied for a role as an OSG in the prison, I got an email about an interview pretty fast and they said I was successful in the interview. They then said I would be put on a reserve list as there are a high number of applicants and once all the interviews are completed they will contact people! Does this mean that the allocated positions have been taken from the job already? I’m just a little confused
Reply 1
Original post by Olivia1223344
I dunno if anyone could help me here but I applied for a role as an OSG in the prison, I got an email about an interview pretty fast and they said I was successful in the interview. They then said I would be put on a reserve list as there are a high number of applicants and once all the interviews are completed they will contact people! Does this mean that the allocated positions have been taken from the job already? I’m just a little confused

Most civil service recruitment I’ve been involved with is like this.

I’m a nutshell, there could be 10 positions at the location you’ve chosen. If 20 candidates pass the interview, positions will be given to the candidates with the highest scoring interview. The other 10 candidates would then be placed on a reserve list for up to 12 months. If any future vacancies arise, you should be given an offer, although from my experience, this also isn’t always the case.

In your case, it’s only fair that all the interviews are completed prior to job offers being sent out. It sounds like all candidates will be placed on the reserve list and then job offers sent out.
Reply 2
Original post by James9103
Most civil service recruitment I’ve been involved with is like this.

I’m a nutshell, there could be 10 positions at the location you’ve chosen. If 20 candidates pass the interview, positions will be given to the candidates with the highest scoring interview. The other 10 candidates would then be placed on a reserve list for up to 12 months. If any future vacancies arise, you should be given an offer, although from my experience, this also isn’t always the case.

In your case, it’s only fair that all the interviews are completed prior to job offers being sent out. It sounds like all candidates will be placed on the reserve list and then job offers sent out.

Okay thank you so much! Do you think I could ring them and ask them what place I am on the list? How long does it normally take to find out?
Reply 3
Okay thank you so much! Do you think I could ring them and ask them what place I am on the list? How long does it normally take to find out?

If you email/ring them to try and find out your position they won’t tell anything.

It’s a very frustrating process. I’ve been on a reserve list twice that expired and during that time they even started a new recruitment campaign for my location.

My advice would be to not dwell on this applications, and to keep applying for the jobs.
Reply 4

Hi,

Did you ever hear back?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending