The Student Room Group

Home Office/Civil service reserve list

I applied for a role in Nov 2022, then had my interview in early Jan 2023. I finally received an email March 13 2023 saying I'm on the reserve list.
Has anyone applied or to anything similar and experiencing the same? Apparently you can contact them to ask what place you are on the reserve list however I can't find any source of contact.
Reply 1
Which role did you apply for?
Reply 2
I applied for the AO role
Original post by Prynce
Which role did you apply for?
Reply 3
Original post by ilg4545
I applied for the AO role

I have no idea about that one. I would advise you to email them.
Reply 4
yeahh thats what im planning to do but I can't find any contact email for them
Original post by Prynce
I have no idea about that one. I would advise you to email them.
Reply 5
Original post by ilg4545
I applied for a role in Nov 2022, then had my interview in early Jan 2023. I finally received an email March 13 2023 saying I'm on the reserve list.
Has anyone applied or to anything similar and experiencing the same? Apparently you can contact them to ask what place you are on the reserve list however I can't find any source of contact.

I also had my interview in January for an AO job, I also got put on the reserve list but didn’t get put on the reserve list until last month. They have only put me on reserve for 6 months. Everyone else I have spoken to about it have said they got put on reserve for 12 months. So I’m worried I won’t get an offer quick enough before I get removed from the reserve list :frown: I also got told I can’t find out where I am on the reserve list so I have no idea what to expect :frown:
Original post by Cheshieb
I also had my interview in January for an AO job, I also got put on the reserve list but didn’t get put on the reserve list until last month. They have only put me on reserve for 6 months. Everyone else I have spoken to about it have said they got put on reserve for 12 months. So I’m worried I won’t get an offer quick enough before I get removed from the reserve list :frown: I also got told I can’t find out where I am on the reserve list so I have no idea what to expect :frown:

Some jobs have a reserve list for 6 months, some have it for 12.
I was put on a 6month reserve for an EO role and within hat time got 2 offers. It is possible to have it extended, but not always the case, it might depend on location and role and whether there is usually much turnover of staff.
Original post by ilg4545
yeahh thats what im planning to do but I can't find any contact email for them

Check the email you got in March about the reserve list. I had applied for a role in DWP and any emails they send they include in the signature contact info and my reference number if I have any questions
Original post by Cheshieb

Hey did they offer you any roles?thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending