The Student Room Group

Civil Service Reserve list but scored high

Hi,
Does anyone know if all successful candidates at interview get placed on the reserve list?
I received my scores last week for a campaign with 78 roles. I scored high in my interview (6 on all the behaviours and 4/4 on all strengths)

Any information is appreciated, a little bit disappointed I’m on reserve with those scores.
All areas operate differently, I have known everyone who reaches passmark to be placed on reserve list and postings made from there. You did score very well and if you are genuinely on a true 'reserve' list, it will be because others must have scored 7's, but with your excellent scores you stand a good chance of a posting if a vacancy arises
Original post by Jeff29174932#
Hi,
Does anyone know if all successful candidates at interview get placed on the reserve list?
I received my scores last week for a campaign with 78 roles. I scored high in my interview (6 on all the behaviours and 4/4 on all strengths)

Any information is appreciated, a little bit disappointed I’m on reserve with those scores.

Depends on the organisation. I’ve been on a reserve list with the same score for HMRC because loads of people scored high. Was the job role advertised at multiple locations? If yes it could be that they’ve put everyone on the reserve list whilst they gather their preferences for locations. I’ve also recently been put on a reserve list with DWP for this reason.
Reply 3
Hi,

I applied for the same recruitment campaign and also on the reserve list, well done on your scores they are really good. Hopefully we won’t have to wait too long due to the pressures on the department 🤞
Original post by Nube21
I applied for the same recruitment campaign and also on the reserve list, well done on your scores they are really good. Hopefully we won’t have to wait too long due to the pressures on the department 🤞

Great to hear of someone else on the reserve list as I was starting to give up hope. I’ll let you know if I hear anything… in the meantime out of curiosity what location have you applied for?
Reply 5
Great to hear of someone else on the reserve list as I was starting to give up hope. I’ll let you know if I hear anything… in the meantime out of curiosity what location have you applied for?

I applied for Liverpool you? I will also let you know if I hear anything 😊
Original post by Nube21
I applied for Liverpool you? I will also let you know if I hear anything 😊

Hi!
I’ve just received my provisional offer for Cardiff, so looks like they’ve started giving the offers out :smile: I hope you have heard or will hear the same news soon!
Reply 7
Hi!
I’ve just received my provisional offer for Cardiff, so looks like they’ve started giving the offers out :smile: I hope you have heard or will hear the same news soon!

Oh amazing news, congratulations 🥳, thank you for the update I will keep checking my emails now hahaha
Reply 8
Hi!

Hello,

Can I ask how long it took to go from reserve to receiving your provisional offer? I am in the same position as you both on here.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending