The Student Room Group

Official: Anglia Ruskin University A100 2024 Entry

Welcome to the Anglia Ruskin University A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

ARU A100 2023 thread : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7247517

ARU A100 2022 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7080362

For general information click: https://aru.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/medicine

For entry requirements click: https://aru.ac.uk/study/undergraduat...ryrequirements

Grades AAA at A level taken within two academic years prior to the year of entry to include Chemistry or Biology; and one of either Biology, Chemistry, Maths or Physics, plus one other.

5 GCSEs at grade A*-B (9-6), including English Language, Maths and two science subjects.

A Level resit grades at AAA will be accepted within two academic years prior to the time of application (at first sitting applicants should have achieved AAB or BBB for a Widening Access to Medicine (WAMS) application).

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
(edited 7 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got UCAT 2790 band 3. I'm international student. My GCSE 5 9s, 2 8s, 3 7s. Does university score SJT to get interview and offer? how many international student does university accept?
Reply 2
Hi ,

Just wanted to know what was the cutoff for applicants that lived in Essex that were school leavers.

Thanks.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
Hi , I got English language 7, literature 8 and rest all 9. Alevel AAA predicted. Ucat 2730 band 3. Would it be a good idea to apply ARU. Thanks
Hi medmom, what about the normal cur off for 2023 entry. Thank you!
aru isnt taking intls x cutoff was 2670, uea was 2710 x
2670x
Original post by astudent2005
Hi medmom, what about the normal cur off for 2023 entry. Thank you!
sorry if this confuses anyone but for clarification :
ARU selection process entails ranking meeting academic requirements and then ranking ucat pre interview, They don't look at personal statement until interview
Reply 8
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 9
I got 2730 Band 2. A*A*A predictions. 10gcses all grade 7 except one 8 two 6's. Is it safe to apply to ARU? I am non contextual
Reply 10
I got 2730 Band 2 and A*A*A predictions and 10 gcses at all grade 7 except for one 8 and two 6s. Is ARU safe to apply to? I am non-contextual
Reply 11
Hi,
I am a repeat candidate. Scored AAB and resitting B in chemistry. Predicted A*/A

UCAT 2720, SJT Band 2

GCSEs 9A* 1A (Northern Ireland )

Worth applying to ARU?

Thanks
Reply 12
Original post by Sxxhar__
why post this? Its quite obvious no? Are you trying to show off orrr???

ARU cut off was 2660 last year, in 2021 it was 2440 and 2022 2640. I suspect that poster was just nervous it may increase by another 200 points this year (I think this unlikely)
Reply 13
Hi, I was wondering what the cut-off this year is for the UCAT, as I got 2530 b2 but im not sure if thats too low. Can someone please let me know if its worth applying, as in if they will accept that score.
Reply 14
Hi, I was wondering what the cut-off this year is for the UCAT, as I got 2530 b2 but im not sure if thats too low. Can someone please let me know if its worth applying, as in if they will accept that score.

Have you read through the thread?
Reply 15
Original post by GANFYD
ARU cut off was 2660 last year, in 2021 it was 2440 and 2022 2640. I suspect that poster was just nervous it may increase by another 200 points this year (I think this unlikely)

Ah, yeah i realised after posting that i was a bit harsh Its just annoying sometimes when people post things like this if you get me. But, no it think they should be fine they are pretty good compared to what the uni is asking for. :smile:
Reply 16
Ah, yeah i realised after posting that i was a bit harsh Its just annoying sometimes when people post things like this if you get me. But, no it think they should be fine they are pretty good compared to what the uni is asking for. :smile:

Everything about medicine applications is tough and causes most people a lot of anxiety, as there is a lot riding on it!
Reply 17
Original post by GANFYD
Have you read through the thread?

Yes i have im still a bit confused as a lot of people i know have applied with similar results have gotten offers, and i know my score isnt too high enough but I don't mind taking my chances. (if you have any suggestions for unis i should apply too with my ucat results that would be so helpful :smile:)
Reply 18
Yes i have im still a bit confused as a lot of people i know have applied with similar results have gotten offers, and i know my score isnt too high enough but I don't mind taking my chances. (if you have any suggestions for unis i should apply too with my ucat results that would be so helpful :smile:)

As you can see, cut offs have gone up quite a bit the last couple of years. They are slightly lower for WAMS and local applicants, too?
Post your stats, as per the format in the first post, on the which med school thread and people will try to advise
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7312527
Reply 19
Hi just wanted to ask for info for ARU for graduates, just in regards to their cut offs and number of places for graduates

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending