The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Research Excellence Scholarship (UCL RES)

Hi! Just wondering if anybody that has applied to the UCL research excellence scholarships could advise me on whether I stand a chance. I'm an undergrad at UCL in the Division of Biosciences and hope to continue at UCL for a PhD in neuroscience. I've got an average score of 74% from Years 1 and 2 and I will have lab experience by the time I apply for my PhD as I'm currently at a summer internship, will be working at a lab for my 3rd year dissertation and will hopefully continue with them again next summer. I'm an international student. Would you think I have a shot?
Hello! Your track record looks excellent, though I know that it is an uphill battle for undergrad students to get PhD funding and that master's students typically tend to fair better during the application process. Best of luck either way, and fingers crossed for both of us awaiting results on Monday
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Hi there, I have also applied for the scholarship and was wondering if anyone had heard back yet regarding the results?
I haven't heard anything. Even the department I applied to hasn't gotten informed, and yesterday was the deadline to inform us :frown:
Original post by Anonymous #3
I haven't heard anything. Even the department I applied to hasn't gotten informed, and yesterday was the deadline to inform us :frown:
No update my end either. I've emailed my department (SELCS-CMII), I'll let you guys know if I hear anything.
Original post by JustAnoth3rN3rd
No update my end either. I've emailed my department (SELCS-CMII), I'll let you guys know if I hear anything.
Any news? :frown: My department said they would look into it, but still no update yet
Reply 6
Hi, any news regarding the UCL Research Excellence Scholarship?
Original post by Anonymous #3
Any news? :frown: My department said they would look into it, but still no update yet
My department just reiterated what is says on the RES website that if we haven't heard back then we should assume that we have been unsuccessful.

Hope that you guys have other options and best of luck with those if so!
I just had a chat with the department. They mentioned that last year, there was someone on the reserve list, and neither the student nor the department were informed about it until the student won the RES, so we might still have some chance. Although I already lost all the hope lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending