The Student Room Group

what a-levels should I do for biomedical engineering?

I think I'll get 8's and 9's in science and maths at gcse. But I'm hesitant to take physics a level because I've never liked it that much. Is it absolutely necessary to take physics to get a degree in biomedical engineering?
Biomedical engineering often has slightly wider admissions subjects versus other engineering subjects, there are courses today that don’t require physics A-level. Although it is a bit of a niche (although it does seem to be growing in popularity.. but still a small area).

Id be inclined to advise taking physics if you want to pursue engineering as it will give you more options and you’ll be restricted without it, and id bet people in industry regarding biomedical applications more commonly have mechanical, materials, manufacturing, chemical engineering backgrounds.
Reply 2
Original post by mnot
Biomedical engineering often has slightly wider admissions subjects versus other engineering subjects, there are courses today that don’t require physics A-level. Although it is a bit of a niche (although it does seem to be growing in popularity.. but still a small area).

Id be inclined to advise taking physics if you want to pursue engineering as it will give you more options and you’ll be restricted without it, and id bet people in industry regarding biomedical applications more commonly have mechanical, materials, manufacturing, chemical engineering backgrounds.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest