The Student Room Group

Choosing A-levels

I have to choose my A-level subjects soon however I have no idea what to pick!
I am definitely thinking Maths and Physics as they are my favourite subjects but I don't know what to do for my other two.
I was looking to study Computer Science or a type of Engineering (possibly biomedical engineering but I struggle with biology gcse because of the mark schemes and I don't think I should take it for A-level).
I am not very good at subjects with a lot of writing although Economics did sound quite interesting.
I am thinking of Further Maths but that means I can't do an AS in any subject acccording to my school's rules.
I don't completely enjoy chemistry but I am pretty good at it and I think it may help keep my options open?
Would Further Maths, Physics, Maths and Chemistry be a bad combination?
Also any tips on Engineering please?
Reply 1
Original post by ilinz
I have to choose my A-level subjects soon however I have no idea what to pick!
I am definitely thinking Maths and Physics as they are my favourite subjects but I don't know what to do for my other two.
I was looking to study Computer Science or a type of Engineering (possibly biomedical engineering but I struggle with biology gcse because of the mark schemes and I don't think I should take it for A-level).
I am not very good at subjects with a lot of writing although Economics did sound quite interesting.
I am thinking of Further Maths but that means I can't do an AS in any subject acccording to my school's rules.
I don't completely enjoy chemistry but I am pretty good at it and I think it may help keep my options open?
Would Further Maths, Physics, Maths and Chemistry be a bad combination?
Also any tips on Engineering please?

If you don't enjoy chemistry GCSE do not do chemistry A-level (same goes for any subject), take it from someone who didn't enjoy chemistry at GCSE and is now struggling at A-level
Reply 2
Original post by yogo1o
If you don't enjoy chemistry GCSE do not do chemistry A-level (same goes for any subject), take it from someone who didn't enjoy chemistry at GCSE and is now struggling at A-level

Do you suggest any particular A-level instead of Chemistry that would go with those three A-levels? Which cubjects did you pick?
Reply 3
Original post by ilinz
Do you suggest any particular A-level instead of Chemistry that would go with those three A-levels? Which cubjects did you pick?

I'm doing bio, chem and history. Maths, physics and FM all go very well together - the only two other subjects that I can think of that would complement them would be CS or economics, but if you don't think you'll enjoy them, don't take them. Plus, it might be nice to have a subject that's a but of a change from maths

Quick Reply

Latest