The Student Room Group

Chemical engineering with out maths A level

I’m at the start of year 13 want to apply for chemical engineering but I didn’t take maths a level. My other subjects are chemistry, physics and biology. Is it possible for me to apply for chemical engineerin? If not are they any alternative?
Reply 1
Original post by Gchfd re
I’m at the start of year 13 want to apply for chemical engineering but I didn’t take maths a level. My other subjects are chemistry, physics and biology. Is it possible for me to apply for chemical engineerin? If not are they any alternative?

You should check the requirements on each university's website. However I believe that most universities require maths for chemical engineering
(edited 6 months ago)

Maths if foundational to engineering at university, hence why the requirement is virtually always A-level or equivalent in maths. Without maths to that level you will have to either take it, or do a foundation year.
I’m fairly sure many universities will allow you to do a foundation year for maths, one of them being Manchester
Reply 4

Exact same postion as you right now, so what did you do as this was three years ago

Quick Reply

Latest