The Student Room Group

ADHD as a student nurse

I've just completed my third placement for 1st year. I have failed all three of my placements. Durring my second placement I was removed from practice due to requiring to much supervision even tho I wasn't given an opportunity to do anything unsupervised. I was in HDU in a kids hospital and was treated differently to the other students. I have diagnosed dyslexia and trying to get a diagnosis of adhd.
Through the skin of my teeth manage to secure my place at uni after the fit to sit said I wasn't fit for practice.

I then after a few months went onto my third placement , my reasonable adjustments were followed by my assessor. However the development plan wasn't followed. There is now talks lf myself doing another fit to sit , however this time it would be for the course.
I don't think I could mentally put myself through that again , it was so hard for my to do it , and still to this day months later I have nightmares about it.
I really struggled on both of my clinical placements, I always thought I was doing well , wouldn't be told that i was being unprofessional and inappropriate, I really struggle to recognise myself that I am being those things, unless someone points it out to me immediately.

I'm struggling with what to do. What would anyone advice about this. I know i have failed my 1st year , and at this time will not progress into second year, I have organised everything to stay in the city I'm in as I'm not from where I'm studying, and now again I'm looking at getting kicked out of uni once again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending