The Student Room Group

How intense is the PGCE

So.. everyone I know in education has told me that it’s a very intense year, however I want to give some background as to what I’ve done already. I’ve worked in education either as a 1:1 LSA or a nursery deputy room leader for 6 years now, so I have a really good understanding of how a primary school works and also the EYFS. I also have just completed my BA year in a work based early years degree, alongside working 40 hour weeks in a nursery at the same time. So my question is, given my solid foundation in education and the fact I have completed my BA year on top of a 40 hour working week, is the PGCE going to be massively more challenging in comparison to what I’ve just done? Yes the last year was exhausting but I managed it. Will I be okay next year?

TIA!!
Reply 1
Original post by Rach1398
So.. everyone I know in education has told me that it’s a very intense year, however I want to give some background as to what I’ve done already. I’ve worked in education either as a 1:1 LSA or a nursery deputy room leader for 6 years now, so I have a really good understanding of how a primary school works and also the EYFS. I also have just completed my BA year in a work based early years degree, alongside working 40 hour weeks in a nursery at the same time. So my question is, given my solid foundation in education and the fact I have completed my BA year on top of a 40 hour working week, is the PGCE going to be massively more challenging in comparison to what I’ve just done? Yes the last year was exhausting but I managed it. Will I be okay next year?

TIA!!

What sort of provider are you doing your PGCE with?
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
What sort of provider are you doing your PGCE with?
I’m doing my PGCE with a university, 11 weeks on site with 2 placement blocks. We have already been told that the assignments will be set and due when we are based at university.
Reply 3
Original post by Rach1398
I’m doing my PGCE with a university, 11 weeks on site with 2 placement blocks. We have already been told that the assignments will be set and due when we are based at university.

That's the best route for managing workload - I found it fine even though one placement required coach travel and an early start.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending